Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

true duals....python or drago or V&H

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 05:41 PM
wooly1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhoust

V&H true duels monster rounds 2011 RKC love the sound............

Old 07-03-2012, 12:52 AM
WireDawg77
Cruiser

I have wrestled with this question for the last six months. I think I am set on the Dragos True Duals. I read a lot of the posts on this forum and around the internet and I have yet to see any even partially negative comment about Dragos pipes. I think that is a testimony to the product and what I will be putting my money on. Great product, great price, and great customer service. Plus 100% American Made!

*This is not an advertisement...*

Old 07-03-2012, 04:45 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by WireDawg77
I have wrestled with this question for the last six months. I think I am set on the Dragos True Duals. I read a lot of the posts on this forum and around the internet and I have yet to see any even partially negative comment about Dragos pipes. I think that is a testimony to the product and what I will be putting my money on. Great product, great price, and great customer service. Plus 100% American Made!

*This is not an advertisement...*
O.K. your post convinced me, I will check with Mr. Frank before making my next exhaust decision. (don't forget to let us know what you think of them after a 1000 miles or so.)

Old 01-08-2013, 06:00 AM
IronManCC
Intermediate

Just found myself finally looking into ways of making my '07 Ultra, which is stock, run with less heat. After about 55K miles of road trips, the times I got into any traffic were pretty much unbearable, with an overheating situation happening a few times, almost always in a spot I did not want to be in. Talked to several shop mechanics and all immediately recommended switching to true duals and/or an oil cooler right off the bat, with most saying I would notice an immediate heat difference with the true duals. So, after reading many articles such as this (thanks, guys, even if it is months after the fact), in addition to chatting with the mechanics, am putting on a set of Python True Duals with Screaming Eagle mufflers (and the H-D Premium Oil Cooler). I did not want excessively loud pipes - Been there, done that years back on various bikes and, besides being illegal, it is NOT something you want to deal with on long trips, nor do I like annoying those I ride with. Being able to chat with your riding partner & listen to tunes and the CB are also good things.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Roger That
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xcelr8
Never could figure out why riders want to lose all that low end torque by shifting to true duals. The back pressure is needed, that's why they are not offered by Harley.
And we all know that Harley would never hesitate to offer them if a buck was to be made.
Ok, you are stating that by shifting to true duals that he will lose "all that low end torque". You also state that they are not offered by "Harley".
First of all, when I bought my current bike this last summer from Peterson's HD, the first thing the service department told me "I needed to change" was the stock headers to "True Duals". They also push the SERT, of course.
I also got an estimate on a recommended Stage 1 setup from Rossmeyer's in Ft. Lauderdale, before they closed the doors, that also suggested "True Duals". So I not only believe that Harley "offers" them, they are "pushing" them. You are local in my area, go ask 'em.
On the other statement......"Never could figure out why riders want to lose all that low end torque by shifting to true duals", the OP is stating that he is coming from the "STOCK" setup. I challenge anyone to show me that by installing a True Dual header that you will LOSE any torque or horsepower from the STOCK setup. Sure, we all know that True Duals do not perform as well as a 2-1 or a 2-1-2 setup, but lets be honest here.....we are not talking about going from a 2-1 system to a True Dual system. I think you may be surprised to discover that torque and horsepower has increased. JMO

Last edited by Roger That; 01-08-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:31 AM
toxic donkey
Cruiser

I have had drago tru duals since early last summer ... already had rinehart 4" cans. I am very pleased. I also bought a tmax auto tune from frank at the same time and i have an rsd ac. No complaints at all... runs and sounds great. Als run fcs for extra cooling. Came back a couple months ago and thre in a set of used 255s too. Low end torque is just fine. If u want to leave the light, dump the clutch and fry the tire. Sure i would like more torque to play with but that would only come from motor work not a couple ft/lbs from 2-1. And yes quality on franks pipes were a1. Happy hunting