Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

true duals....python or drago or V&H

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 11:23 PM
user 8373900
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't let the lost torque stories scare you off true duals, they can't feel the difference, it barely shows up on the dyno. Vance and Hines makes Python, so it is a great way to save some money. I can't attest to the other brand you mentioned, but I have had both of the others and a set of Rineharts..

Mark

Mark

Old 05-12-2012, 11:26 PM
rscott
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Love my vance and hines great looks and sound

Old 05-13-2012, 12:10 AM
1HarleyGuy1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xcelr8
Never could figure out why riders want to lose all that low end torque by shifting to true duals. The back pressure is needed, that's why they are not offered by Harley.
And we all know that Harley would never hesitate to offer them if a buck was to be made.
Could never figure out why you had to make an ignorant comment when someone is just looking for advice.

1HarleyGuy1

Old 05-13-2012, 12:29 AM
road glide o8
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ONEDOWNAND5UP
Don't let the lost torque stories scare you off true duals, they can't feel the difference, it barely shows up on the dyno. Vance and Hines makes Python, so it is a great way to save some money. I can't attest to the other brand you mentioned, but I have had both of the others and a set of Rineharts..

Mark

Mark
not concerned about a little lost torque..my days of burning the tires off the line are way behind me.... i am just looking for sound and looks and overall performance..

so how would you compare your rineharts to others you have had...

Old 05-13-2012, 01:26 AM
viperr817
Road Captain

Dragos gets my biased vote. I bought his dragula, due to his testing and his guarantee, also here in Ohio everyone has rhineys or v and h.
Now everyone wants to know what I have. I usually never tell though.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:15 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Dragos or Rush. Both are ceramic coated inside and out. I have Rush with Rineharts and love the sound.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:26 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

My vote = MGS TD's...http://www.mgscustombikes.com/mgs-exhaust/

I bought a touring bike to "cruise" so if I wanted low-end torque...I'd own a v-rod & be hitting the 1/4 mile strip every weekend vs. riding the horizon.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:28 AM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by road glide o8
i am looking at these because olts of people have vance and hines of course...since harley pushes so much...LOL

liked python i had on wide glide and heard lots of good things here about drago and frank

any input on anything i should be looking at besides drago? right now they are the frontrunner...cant complain about there prices either and feedback on there customer support on many threads i have read..
Honestly brother, for duals that's it in my opinion. You get extras like the ceramic coating which V&H and others don't have, and you get both size O2 sensors. I misspelled in my last post (stupid auto correct, lol) I meant wide band sensors not sideband, with the Drago's pipe (or the Rush) you are covered no matter what.

I'm in the same boat you are, and will be ordering my duals from Frank Monday.

I ride an 800 pound bike, if I wanted to fly would have bought a hayabusa and slapped a turbo on it.

Nothing sounds like true duals, I don't care what anyone says, I'm going with duals because my bike has stretched bags and fender from the factory, so if I go 2-1 I would have a hole on the left, and like I said nothing sounds like duals.

Also I just can't bring myself to pay $300+ for a fake pipe to fill a hole on the left side.

Let this other guy run his mouth all he wants, kinda silly to me that people cry about what "performs" better on a bagger. If you're not running a motor with a blower on it, or a 120R, or some big build, then it's all the same ****, buy what sounds best to you, you think you're gonna feel a difference of 5HP or so on your butt?

I was gonna go the Rinehart route, but everyone and their mother has rineharts, they sound great no doubt, but I wanted something different.

Going with TD headers and CFR slip-ons.

Good luck with your decision and let us know what you decide.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:41 AM
gonzo3426
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happy with V&H setup, looks, sound, ease of install...

of course, to each his own, but i'm happy with the sweet spot between exhaust note and still enjoy the stereo and tunes in the variety of mph spectrum...

Old 05-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Shane08
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordering the duals from Frank now....complete set up jugs to tips.....glad I lurked into this thread.

Shane

Quick Reply: true duals....python or drago or V&H