Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

132db Replacement Horn

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 10:12 AM
ks6c
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also available here for $7: http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/ry...oductDetail.do AND http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/ry...oductDetail.do

I had the HD airhorn installed and it always sounded like a sick duck. I removed it (leaving the relay installed) and bought 2 of the Freeway Blasters, one high note and one low note - love the harmony! I wired them in parallel, mounting the first one under the original cowbell and I mounted the 2nd one on the flat plate of the frame immediately behind the motor.

I get folks' attention....

Old 05-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Gotham
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

This will be my next upgrade.

Ed

Old 05-12-2012, 10:52 AM
09UltraRyder
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Add me to the list of spending money.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:12 AM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Just ordered mine....I'm part of the the " Big Tooter " crowd now !
Thanks for letting us now.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:09 AM
mike_oh
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 09UltraRyder
Add me to the list of spending money.
Love your sig pic!! ;-) Ordered the horn also.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:43 AM
Z2871RSBB396
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the tip, amazon should be busy packing these up.
Kirt

Old 05-13-2012, 06:50 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ks6c
Also available here for $7: http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/ry...oductDetail.do AND http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/ry...oductDetail.do

I had the HD airhorn installed and it always sounded like a sick duck. I removed it (leaving the relay installed) and bought 2 of the Freeway Blasters, one high note and one low note - love the harmony! I wired them in parallel, mounting the first one under the original cowbell and I mounted the 2nd one on the flat plate of the frame immediately behind the motor.

I get folks' attention....
damn, I could have saved 82 cents......LOL......as far as the air horn, I think the horn itself has to be grounded to the frame for it to work as intended. I used the ground on the relay as instructed but it wasn't up to par until I moved the air horn to the saddlebag support and grounded it to a bare spot on the frame.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:07 AM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HDV-GLIDE
'bout a 8 minute install including the time to unbolt the horn cover from bike and pull the wire connectors off of the horn....A blind cave man can do it..LOL..
thats only a 1 beer job , well maybe 2 if you take your time

Old 05-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

I replaced my stock horn nearly two years ago with a Fiamm model just like this.

Going a step further, I installed the sister high-tone horn back behind the rear cylinder on the metal plate that separates the engine compartment from the battery compartment. You could actually install the sister horn just about anywhere you have room to install it. The sound will still get out just fine.

On my 2010, I used one of the existing holes in the metal plate to bolt the horn in place. Then just rigged-up some wiring with spade terminals, plus included an automotive relay to feed the horns when I hit the horn button. The signal from the original horn wires is what I use to energize the relay, then the relay provides the voltage/current flow to the horns.

When I hit the horn button, my hi/lo horns sounds like a loud car horn. I've had the Fiamm air horns in the past and they are great, but I decided to stay with the electric horns on this bike, and these were available at any auto parts store for about $15 each. By the way, no issue fitting them under the stock horn cover...although I got rid of that ugly thing a long time ago.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:46 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks, I just ordered one.

Quick Reply: 132db Replacement Horn