Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage bars on a Road King Last night

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 06:29 AM
FDHOG
Stellar HDF Member
Received 240 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by klaybus
I tried the "Heritage Style" & hated them in any position. I also went with the Softail Heritage bars & they feel great to me. Good luck.

Same here. I sat on a buddy's RK and hated the "Style" bars. Installed the 56569-09 Heritage bars and love em. Easy install, no cable changes. Just have to cut the bottom opening and the right side back 1/4-1/2" and notch for TBW. Whole job with modding the bars took about 2 hrs.

Last edited by FDHOG; 05-10-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:09 AM
chopper king matt
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had my stock bars pulled down and was comfy then i went to 16" apes pushed forward but even they came off and got beach bars on now and feel great

Old 05-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Pagan48
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FDHOG
Same here. I sat on a buddy's RK and hated the "Style" bars. Installed the 56569-09 Heritage bars and love em. Easy install, no cable changes. Just have to cut the bottom opening and the right side back 1/4-1/2" and notch for TBW. Whole job with modding the bars took about 2 hrs.
Yep, same here. Cutting the hole and notches in the bars was actually very easy. Everything fits great and comfort wise a world of difference

Old 06-21-2012, 11:25 AM
taygull
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So stupid question from a newb...how much taller are the heritage bars then the stock bars. I have a 2012 RKC and want my hands higher when I ride. I'd like this to be a DYI but have not done any work on a bike. I've done plenty on cars and such, tools are a bit limited so I'm curious about the notching and such. I want more of the "ape" look without having to extend cables and such.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:55 PM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 563 Likes on 394 Posts

Im soon installing Khromeweks #300044 bars. Very similar to Heritage bars.Got 8" extended wire kit from Novello(no soldering ) and a 5" extended brake line (HD diamondblack) and a +6 Barnett clutch cable. As far as stock Heritage bars go should be no problem.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:02 PM
FDHOG
Stellar HDF Member
Received 240 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by taygull
So stupid question from a newb...how much taller are the heritage bars then the stock bars. I have a 2012 RKC and want my hands higher when I ride. I'd like this to be a DYI but have not done any work on a bike. I've done plenty on cars and such, tools are a bit limited so I'm curious about the notching and such. I want more of the "ape" look without having to extend cables and such.
Good socket set, Dremel with a cutoff wheel, and a couple of beers. If you can change the oil in your car, you can do this. Just take your time.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:08 PM
CWO USN
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine is set towards me rather than aligned with forks. I also have the grips angled to match how I like my wrists positioned. I like that slight angle for good reach and arm extension while cruising.

I believe the Heritage-style is about 4" taller than the OE R/K handlebar.

I believe the Heritage-style is approximately

Old 06-21-2012, 02:22 PM
BlackFleet
Advanced

Anyone try the RK "pull back" bars?

Just grabbed a set for my RG.

Are these the same thing and I just have no idea what I'm talking about?

Old 06-21-2012, 02:29 PM
taygull
Tourer

So...the best place to buy a set would be from my Harley Dealer...part number that best goes with my 2012 Road King Classic?

I assume the notching and such would be obvious by looking at the bars that come off?

Old 06-21-2012, 08:55 PM
fz4k98
Intermediate

I did the heritage style bars on my 11 road king to get rid of the forward lean and knot in the center of my back. After the insall I set the bars to just clearing the speedometer when fully turned to get maximum pullback. Big mistake. I was ready to go back to the originals but took a back roads ride with a torque wrench handy and on the third try found an angle that I could live with. Eventually i adjusted the controls for brake and clutch to run higher which kept my hands flatter to match the bar angle and that was the key for me as i rest fingers on the controls which alters my wrist angle but is supported and feels good.

Quick Reply: Heritage bars on a Road King Last night