Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 1 or Stage None... Input please?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 07:36 PM
2001NightTrain
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dswansbiker
I did the Fuel Moto stage one with 4" Jackpots, FM air cleaner, and Powervision recently on my 2011 RK. I was on the fence also for a year because I was very pleased with the performance stock.

* How do you like the change? Like it. It makes for a nice all around improvement in performance, but although the Jackpots have a nice deep tone and not terribly loud I kind of miss the quieter stock bike, especially on all day rides.

* How does your bike run at slow speed/RPM? Very well. No different from stock

* High speed/RPM? Bike has more guts when passing and feels stronger higher in the rpm range.

* How does it idle after the upgrade? Same as stock

* Did you notice a difference in performance? Yes, noticeable improvement, but not a night and day difference.

* Probably most important: would you spend the money to do it again? No. I like the improved performance, but find the extra exhaust volume tiring during a long day in the saddle. I am not unhappy by any means, but knowing what I know today, I would have left it stock.

Since you have already added Pythons and like the sound my advice is to complete the Stage 1. You will enjoy the added performance.

I have almost the same experience as above. Fuel moto stage one kit/air cleaner, Vance and Hines ht shot true duals and fuel moto power commander v.

Performance improved in all areas. You'd probably like new headers, too. If yu are stock except the slip ons, they may get your bike to run cooler as well.