Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Smart Is This?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 09:48 PM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

My two older brothers used to tie me in a radio flyer wagon, hook up the billy goat to the wagon.........Then throw stones at the billy goat ! http://youtu.be/qwsnk1pdnts

Last edited by drukanfu; 05-08-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:55 PM
RK Joy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think you have anything to worry about engine-wise on that short route. Not much opportunity for overheating there. Actually I'd be more concerned about the little sweetie on the gas tank.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Retrop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by tccraiger
well said Frog.... enjoy the time with the daughter on the bike, be careful and she will grow up remembering the great time with dad on the motorcycle!!
The bike will be fine; nothing different than riding in a parade, thats why we have "parade"mode.
What? You have parade mode on your bike?

Old 05-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Bigdad68
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frog13
Yeah, and recently up here in Wisconsin we had some people standing in their yard talking to their neighbors, about 100 feet from the curb when a drunk woman in her car came over the curb, ran them down in the yard, I believe two of them died. What would you have us do, lock ourselves in our basement? Seriously, life happens, so savor those moments you can enjoy, mitigate the risk until it's acceptable to you and live man, live! Somebody said it best in another thread, enjoy this life, you'll be dead for a long time. I'm ready!
X2 sound like a bunch of liberals on here.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:09 PM
joflewbyu2
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forget about the stupid bike, how about safety for your daughter !! Any helmet? A fall from the bike can be devastating let alone a burn from the engine. What happens when the bike is parked after you ride and she tries to get on it and burns herself or tips it over. Worried about a piece of metal that can be replaced instead of a life. I think your priorities are wrong !!

Old 05-08-2012, 10:20 PM
chucksenough
Advanced

live your life - I'm sure your daughter loves the heck out of it and it sounds like you have mitigated risk to a resonable extent... past that, is just life

Old 05-08-2012, 10:46 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts
Thumbs down

If this is a joke,i dont think its very funny.... Even the best most seasoned riders have small mishaps.
Yea..How Smart is this... NOT VERY!!!

Old 05-08-2012, 11:13 PM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 189 Posts

Be careful, this lady is in every thread lately

Old 05-08-2012, 11:53 PM
brandss
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

I hear the concern and whether interested or not, will give my two cents worth. In my younger days, I had a Honda, and I would take my daughter and son on similar rides. Never got out of 2nd gear, always stayed in the neighborhood, and the kids always thought it was funny wearing a Colts Football helmet on thier head. On the honda, I put a 1 x 2, about two feet long, across the cylindars, and they used that to keep their feet on it. Probably not the smartest thing, putting young ones on the bike but I have to say, to this day, the kids (now 21 and 18) still talk about it fondly. I guess the point is, memories. Being involved with the kids we brought into this world. As a side note, I've had the kids on our boats since they were babies. Ever seen the video on-line that shows the squirrel skiing? That is almost the same as my little Amanda who learned to Ski at 6 yrs old. I swear, the ski's were twice as long as her. Crap, I need a drink. You all have made me sad. Think I will get the photo albums out and make a big drink and get a good cry on, LOL

Old 05-09-2012, 12:19 AM
punisher660
Banned

Holy Chit - seriously guys?! It's not like he has her strapped to the luggage rack on the freeway - my hell, next you will criticize him for not making her wear a bicycle helmet to the McDonalds play place.

Is there some danger in it? Sure - there is an element of danger in everything we do, that's what makes it FUN! Remember that....fun, that is what we all use to have riding in the back of pickup trucks hauling a$$ down the road, or while riding doubles on the precariously, bobbling three wheelers with balloon tires while zipping down a dirt road on your way to a BB gun fight with friends - AND NO EYE PROTECTION OR HELMETS!

Seems to me there are plenty of kids hurt at the playgrounds, or while riding bicycles with training wheels - just enjoy every second of having a daughter that still fits up on the tank while she still can. Some of my best memories were as a little kid sitting up on the tank of my Dad's Honda Gold Wing while on the back roads - and we were going faster than first gear - nothing happened other than creating great memories - RIP Dad, and thanks for the rides!

Quick Reply: How Smart Is This?