Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering Replacing My Stock Shield With A 12 Recurve. Is it worth it????

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 04:20 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts
Question Considering Replacing My Stock Shield With A 12 Recurve. Is it worth it????

I am very happy with my stock shield.I like to look thru it and it is possible for me to see over it when it rains.My shield has seen better days and i am considering changing to a Clear 12" LRS Ultra Recurve. Just wondering if any of you use this shield and have noticed any issues, Good/Bad TIA!!! Tim.............o~`o...............

Old 05-08-2012, 04:29 PM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 86 Likes on 50 Posts

I like the re-curve personally. Granted, I might not be the most objective opinion. lol, but personally I like the design of it better, and I can speak from experience that it definitely does a better job of directing air-flow over your head rather than into your teeth!

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 05-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Ultra61
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Hey Tim...I plan on taking my 12" recurve off and putting on the new sled if that helps your thoughts, and If I don't think it has a fresh enough look I will buy another LRS

Old 05-09-2012, 05:51 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by longrideshields-1
I like the re-curve personally. Granted, I might not be the most objective opinion. lol, but personally I like the design of it better, and I can speak from experience that it definitely does a better job of directing air-flow over your head rather than into your teeth!
Ha....Nothin like an unbiased opinion!!!! LOL.....

Old 05-09-2012, 09:59 AM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Consider the LRS 12" FLATTOP if you do any or much two-up riding at all. It really helps the passenger by doing a good job of keeping the air off of her as well. My woman has been smiling (with no bugs in her teeth) since I got ours.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:23 AM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor

Can't put a price on not having bugs in the wife's teeth! I'll second that

Old 05-09-2012, 11:34 AM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

If you are happy with what you are riding with, stick with it. If it has seen its better days, replace it with the same. You said you look through the shield, the re-curve will cause distortion at the upper edges. that's not a good thing.
Personally I ride with a wind-Vest 9" re-curve but I look over it. I did purchase a LRS of the same type because I was told that it would perform better than my Wind-Vest but in actuality it offered less protection in the form of buffeting so it's now added to my collection of dis-guarded windshields.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:47 AM
07BlkCherryUltra
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my 12" recurve. At 6'2" I see well over the windshield, but the recurve puts the turbulence over top of me. That's my $0.02

Old 05-09-2012, 01:00 PM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor

The nice thing about ordering a shield specific to your height, your favored posture etc is that you can always have the shield sized to whatever you prefer so your field of view is whatever you'd like it to be. The nice thing about the re-curve design, at least from what I've found, is that you can get away with a smaller or shorter shield if you prefer, and thus eliminate the need to look through the edge due to the design. Just what I've noticed

Old 05-09-2012, 01:20 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

Along with the distortion, the curve might not move rain away the way you would expect. I think recurves work better for riders who want to look over the windshield.

Beary

Quick Reply: Considering Replacing My Stock Shield With A 12 Recurve. Is it worth it????