Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another dumb pipes question...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Smitty79
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another dumb pipes question...

I hate to open up this can of worms... but I'm looking for a louder pipe... I'm currently running Rinehart 4" Slipons with the baffels modified for more sound... Modified as in a hammer and a screwdriver that opened up all the flow holes in the baffels. I'm looking for a louder pipe with out sacrificing the performance I get from the Rineharts. At 60-70 I pull away from most of my buddies, so I'm not willing to give up performance for sound. I was thinking of V&H 2 into 2 Big Radius, but I'm not sure. Anyone have any suggestions? And so it begins...

Old 05-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,599 Likes on 2,722 Posts

V&H Big Radius are very loud, but my guess is you'll give up some ponies.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:52 PM
senna
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Rinehart does offer a high flow baffle, not sure if it is louder or not. just thought i would throw it out there.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Classicfc
Tourer

Bub Jug Huggers

Old 05-07-2012, 05:06 PM
jcb1975@yahoo.com
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where there is power, there is noise. My cadillac is the quietest car that you could ask for, until you put the pedal down, then it makes some serious noise. If you want more noise, try some high compression pistons, head work, cams, etc. That will give you some serious sound.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior

According to your signature line you have not made any changes to your stock header. If that is the case, I can tell you replacing your header with an aftermarket setup will greatly increase the sound of the pipes, you can put true dual headers like the vance and hines or Rush setups, you can go with the Jackpot 2-1-2 pipe from FM, or the Fullsac 2-1-2.

The cat in the new bikes is VERY restrictive, and makes a big difference in sound and air flow.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:30 PM
METALKAT
Tourer

Vance and Hines Dresser Duals with Super Trapp slip-ons. At idle and 2800 rpms it's just under NH state law decimal limit, but I can crack it pretty load when needed. I did loose a hair of power, but there are ways to make that up, more money!

Old 05-07-2012, 07:37 PM
North Star
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Fire-Medic
According to your signature line you have not made any changes to your stock header. If that is the case, I can tell you replacing your header with an aftermarket setup will greatly increase the sound of the pipes, you can put true dual headers like the vance and hines or Rush setups, you can go with the Jackpot 2-1-2 pipe from FM, or the Fullsac 2-1-2.

The cat in the new bikes is VERY restrictive, and makes a big difference in sound and air flow.

Oh ya, that's a big x 2. If you're running the stock cat headpipe, no wonder you can't hear your slip ons. Do as Fire Medic says, or if money's tight, de-cat your pipe or find one that's been de-catted, or there are other options cheaper than the Fullsac x pipe or FM Jackpot- American Custom exhaust header, or Fullsac now has an alternative to their x pipe, which is a modified stock head pipe with no cat and an altered crossover.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Pull the baffles completely and buy some Big City Thunder baffles. They aren't really baffles, but they do retain your back pressure so you don't loose performance.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Smitty79
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dew Me
Pull the baffles completely and buy some Big City Thunder baffles. They aren't really baffles, but they do retain your back pressure so you don't loose performance.

I've heard alot about the BCT's. Thanks for the advice, I will look into them.

Quick Reply: another dumb pipes question...