Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jackpot 2/1/2 Head pipe and Touring Pro mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 12:22 PM
whitelightning
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jackpot 2/1/2 Head pipe and Touring Pro mufflers

Installed the Jackpot 2/1/2 Head pipe and Touring Pro 4.5" mufflers, Dynojet Power Vision and Pro Billet air cleaner the other day. Top notch stuff! Chrome on the mufflers were superb and the fit of all the components was flawless.However, the mufflers were just too loud for my taste. Rode them 30 miles and just couldn't take it. Took them off and Fuel Moto agreed to accept them back. So, now I'm waiting on the 4" with quiet baffles to arrive. In the meantime, I reinstalled the stock mufflers. Took it for a ride and was pleasantly surprised that the power increase I felt with the complete change over was still present with the stock cans installed. I can only hope that the quiet baffles don't impact the performance any more than the stock mufflers do.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:48 PM
ernster500
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was close to buying that same set-up. Interesting that the Pro Touring were too loud. I ended up going a whole different direction, but, still have that combo as my second choice!

Let us know how the 4" work out for you.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put 5K miles on a set of PT pipes but they ended up getting too loud for me as well. Jamie swapped me out my used pipes for a set of 4" Jackpot pipes and paid shipping both ways, talk about CS!

I liked the 4" Jackpots sound, maybe a tad bit too quiet for me, but I also preferred the looks of the Pro Touring pipes better. Something with sound in between the two setups would be perfect for me.

Currently on the hunt for exhaust for my new bike.......

Old 05-06-2012, 04:29 PM
SharkBite
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm in the same boat.....have the 4.5 pipes and they are loud. I've had 'em on for quite a while now but I had voiced the same concern to him a while back and he agreed to switch 'em out. I really should do so. I love the look, just not the ringing ears

Old 05-06-2012, 04:44 PM
beansSG
Tourer

Anyone got a set to sell?

Old 05-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Climb14er
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really like the 4.5 inch Jackpot Pro pipes! Little thump, bass, somewhat louder than stock.

Under 100 miles, I wear no ear plugs. Over that, I wear 'em to cut down on wind blast mostly.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

I have the 3.5" Dyno Tuned Jackpots. Not loud at all! I'm using the Cobra Powerport head pipes.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:44 PM
casique
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm waiting for the exact same set up. Been waiting close to three months, should be here soon.. I like loud, as long as there is no thumping or hammering like my old SE's with racing baffles used to do.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:39 PM
punisher660
Banned

I think my Jackpots are too quiet. I'm hoping that will change when the headers get her, but overall they are not much louder than stock.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

I also have the jackpot 2-1-2 header with the Pro-Touring muffs. Absolutely love em. Don't know why some think they are loud. There are plenty of pipes out there that are tons louder as far as my hearing goes. Hearing is pretty subjective.

I can carry on a conversation through my helmet microphone on the cell phone and no one can hear the bike at all. My brother, a Road King owner, can't even tell I am on the bike when he calls me.

I can hear the stereo just fine over the system speakers or in the helmet, makes no difference.

I've had SE mufflers, Rineharts, several stock configurations, and I don't believe the FMPT pipes are any louder than the SE or the Rineharts. A lot of your sound will depend upon your tune, cams, etc. They just sound different...very low tone on start-up, smooth rumble at cruise speeds, nice "jake brake" sound on decel until the compression releases open, cool growl between gears. These are open, free flowing mufflers.

Can you tell I like 'em?

PS...the fit and finish is about as good as I have ever seen on a muffler.

Quick Reply: Jackpot 2/1/2 Head pipe and Touring Pro mufflers