Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Super Touring Seat....Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Mustang Seats
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Mustang’s Driver Backrest Kits fit both Mustang and H-DŽ brand one-piece 1983-12 Ultra Touring seats that have a space underneath the seat to allow for mounting of the kit. Kits will not work with solos.

In turn, any Mustang one-piece Touring seat for 1983-12 FLs that will take the Mustang Driver Backrest kit will also take the HD brand driver backrest kit.

There are, of course, different part numbers for the various years of Mustang Driver backrests--it’s not one size fits all. http://www.mustangseats.com/Categories.aspx?getCat=Driver-Backrest-Kits

Please call us with any questions! Thanks.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:31 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mustang Seats
............................................Please call us with any questions! Thanks.[/COLOR][/U]
[/URL]
Hey Mister Mustang, get off the internet and get to work making my seat.
I have a Part Number: 79725 on back order and am anxiously waiting on it.

Seriously thanks for helping this guy, but get back to work on my seat. lol

Last edited by Texas Fat Boy; 05-24-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:28 PM
jjpish
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the Vintage Solo on my 03 RKC with the passenger pad and loved that seat for many miles. I was about to get the same for my 2011 Ultra and from reading some of these posts what I was thinking might be true.

My thought was that seat was great on the King with the old frame design etc.. How is that seat going to set up on the new bike? Will it feel the same even with the changes to the bike design? Or will the design changes and the fact it is a different bike make that seat not what it was on the RKC...

I was looking at this seat beacuse I would like the solo look when my wife is not riding with me or riding her own so the one piece driver/passenger would not work for that.

Can anyone answer the questions above from experience before I place my order.

Thanks

Old 06-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Malum
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a question about the Mustang Wide Touring model seat. If anyone has it, does it keep the same riding position?
I would prefer to keep it as close to the factory seating position as possible and not be moved back like the Super Touring seat.
Thanks for any input!

Old 06-04-2012, 04:48 PM
jackhis
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Malum
I have a question about the Mustang Wide Touring model seat. If anyone has it, does it keep the same riding position?
I would prefer to keep it as close to the factory seating position as possible and not be moved back like the Super Touring seat.
Thanks for any input!
I have the below one, and it will keep you sit the same position as stock seat, but it will low your down.
Hope this help

M-79704 - Mustang Seats One-Piece Plain Low Down Touring Seat w/Backrest/Chrome Studs - Harley Davidson Touring (08 - Newer)

Old 06-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Wife and I have been using Mustang seats for several years now. I have the Super Solo w/rider backrest on my RK. You can't compare Mustang to HD seats. The pans on Mustang seats are far superior. Plus you can't beat Mustang's customer service.