Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Super Touring Seat....Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 02:52 PM
sdfireman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, is the super touring the way to go over the HD tall mans seat that I can never seem to get comfortable on/in? Wish I still had my 07 Heritage with the back rest as a seat.

Old 05-08-2012, 03:20 PM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

So far I am loving my Super Tour with back rest. Did move me back now I need new handle bars, which I was going to change anyway. Will know more after this weekend rides.

Old 05-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Mustang Seats
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Yes, if you have an 2008-12 Fl, the Super Touring styles should do the trick for you.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Weekender2010
Intermediate
Default Seats

What great cusomer service. I'll be calling them soon.

Bob

Old 05-24-2012, 08:22 AM
roadcapt
Cruiser

I have the one piece touring seat (76033) for my 2009 Ultra and had it on now for 2 years and I am not happy with it overall. 1) this seat for whatever reason puts you closer to the handlebars, seems like you are sitting on the back of the tank. The description doesnt make mention of the fact that it moves you closer than stock, and 2) it is not comfortable on long rides. It really gets uncomfortable and find myself readjusting a lot. Around town no issues with comfort but long hauls I am extremely unhappy. It seems as though for me the sides of the seat start to put too much pressure on my thighs on long trips. I am 6'1" and weigh 170 pounds.

I was reading this post because I was researching the Super Touring seat and like the fact that it puts you 1.75 inches back BUT why does it have to look like you took a couch cushion and plopped it on the bike. It looks way to wide and hangs over. Like other people mentioned this seat is only 2 inches wider than my seat yet it looks more like 5 inches wider. What gets me is that i had a Mustang seat on my 2001 RoadKing and loved it, but now for my Ultra I cant seem to find the same comfort and design out of the newer Mustang seats.

The search for a new seat is another pain in the a$$

Old 05-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Mustang Seats
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

As noted, the Super Touring seat #79538 does move you back 1.75" and is 2" widee for the driver (so that's 1" more on each side). Here's the link that shows both the 17" wide #76033 that RoadCapt referred to versus the 19" wide Super Touring #79538: http://www.mustangseats.com/Categori...ch=76033+79538 Call Mustang for more info. Thanks.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:28 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by jackhis
I just replaced my stock seat to a Mustang lowdown touring seat, and I don't see how the HD rider backrest will work with Mustang seat.
You may have to return the HD backrest, and buy the Mustang backrest.
The Mustang backrest made to fit an OEM will fit but wasnt aware the other way is possible....pretty sure its not.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:34 AM
teedubya
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats fantastic that the Mustang rep will get involved with a forum post. I do like the idea that there is a seat that will compete against the tall-boy. The wider seat pan will certainly make a difference in the butt comfort as well. Makes me reconsider Mustang.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Liketheglide
Intermediate
Thumbs up Happy here

I have recently installed the Mustang Super Touring with backrest on my 2011 Road Glide Ultra and I couldn't be happier! I am a long legged (34" inseam) 5'11 and for the first time I have a seat that does not make me ride the back of the gas tank. I replace the stock seat with the Harley Hammock seat and riders backrest and there is NO comparison to the Mustang. A smaller person may not like the extra reach to the handlebars with this seat but for a bigger person it would be hard to beat IMHO....

Old 05-24-2012, 11:11 AM
roadcapt
Cruiser

Mustang, thanks for that link. It shows a pic of the super touring seat on the ultra whereas the other seat doesnt have a picture on a bike. I agree its only an inch wider per side but somehow the way its designed it just looks so much wider than the sport touring seat.

Quick Reply: Mustang Super Touring Seat....Help