Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome Inner Primary Cover Trim - Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 10:01 AM
PhoneGuy-MI
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. I will buy and install it next week.

It sure is nice looking at the pictures, these bikes look so good with all the chrome - definitely something to strive for (me that is).

Cheers, Bob

Old 05-05-2012, 11:33 AM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by PhoneGuy-MI
Thanks guys. I will buy and install it next week.

It sure is nice looking at the pictures, these bikes look so good with all the chrome - definitely something to strive for (me that is).

Cheers, Bob
Bob, two heads up:

First, they now make two versions of the primary cover. Single piece and two piece. The two piece came out in 07, and the rearmost couple inches is the second piece. It was done that way so that if you had stock exhaust on an 07-08 (with the rear headpipe going out the left side) you left the rear piece off to clear the exhaust, but if you had changed to true duals, you put the piece on. They were going for a universal design. You can also use that one on the 09-later bikes.

About last year, they came with the single piece for 09-later stock exhaust, which looks nicer if thats your setup as it does not have the seam between two pieces. So I would make sure to get the one peice for your bike. (one day im going to replace my two piece...wish the single piece would have been available at the time I bought)

Second, while your there, pop another $50 and get the lower cylinder base cover. The two parts look great together. (of course thats a matter of taste)