Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rot

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 08:51 PM
ssager1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rot

Will be my first Republic of Texas. I can only get there on Sat/Sun. Question -is it necessary to go to the fair grounds or is it ok to just to hang out down town? Are there exhibitors and plenty of action down town? Thx

Old 05-03-2012, 09:23 PM
cuervo_07
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The fairgrounds is where the party is but downtown will be jam packed with plenty to do and the parade is downtown as well. Have fun!

Old 05-03-2012, 09:46 PM
nevets61
Road Master
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

You'll definitely find a party downtown.. don't expect exibitors/vendors, those are all at the fairgrounds.. I will tell you if you want the ROT experience you NEED to hit the fairground rally area, but be forewarned... its a PARTY, if you like naked women and general crazyness do the real rally, if you just want to enjoy other bikers and party in a tamer environment, do the downtown rally...

Old 05-03-2012, 09:52 PM
ericl
Road Warrior
Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Make your way to 6th street.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:48 PM
kdichs1015
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nevets pretty much said it all.

All the vendors and the rally experience is at the fairgrounds, and worth the price of the ticket in my opinion, even if you only stay for a few hours.

Look for two guys on baggers with Colorado plates, one of em will be me. I'm looking forward to the ride down, but not looking forward to the heat.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:08 PM
X Iron Butt
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kdichs1015
Look for two guys on baggers with Colorado plates, one of em will be me.
If ROT is anything like Daytona this would be like going to the shipyard and finding two guys with hard hats on.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:37 AM
kajunkruzer
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F**K the rally grounds. There's plenty to keep us busy in Austin without going out to the expo center. We ride the hill country by day and party on 6th St at night. If you've been to any other rally, you've seen the vendors. If you're that desperate to see *******, Austin has more than enough strip clubs. I'd say go at least once and judge for yourself. Spend the $70 to get in the gate if you want. **** gets more and more wild as the night progresses. Don't miss the bike parade on Friday night. Whether you ride it or watch it, it's impressive.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:51 AM
HD Jim
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can get better deals from vendors on sunday... they don't want to repack all the stuff they brought ... best place to party ? 6th street is okay but I prefer the Saxon Pub on south lamar... good live music all the time!

Old 05-04-2012, 12:36 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by X Iron Butt
If ROT is anything like Daytona this would be like going to the shipyard and finding two guys with hard hats on.
That ^ ^ ^ was laugh-out-loud funny right there...

Old 05-04-2012, 01:26 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Depends on what you want. Good music, crowd and fun in the 6th street area. Crazy party with lots of nudity (most of which you'll wish you hadn't seen) on the parade route in the fairgrounds. Its more of a cart rally down in that area. Been there done that for the for the crazy party. I don't go out to the fairgrounds. Luckenbach is good sometimes for country music but hot and has strip club beer prices. Head out to lake Travis or Hamilton pool during the day and hit the 6th street area at night. The best bars are a street or two off 6th.

Quick Reply: Rot