Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rot

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 01:34 PM
slza805
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both the Fairgrounds and 6th Street will keep you busy. Ride all day and party all night.

Too bad Im back in CA this summer. Enjoy brother!

Originally Posted by kajunkruzer
F**K the rally grounds. There's plenty to keep us busy in Austin without going out to the expo center. We ride the hill country by day and party on 6th St at night. If you've been to any other rally, you've seen the vendors. If you're that desperate to see *******, Austin has more than enough strip clubs. I'd say go at least once and judge for yourself. Spend the $70 to get in the gate if you want. **** gets more and more wild as the night progresses. Don't miss the bike parade on Friday night. Whether you ride it or watch it, it's impressive.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:16 PM
ssager1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thx

Helpful info!

Old 05-05-2012, 09:23 AM
kdichs1015
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by X Iron Butt
If ROT is anything like Daytona this would be like going to the shipyard and finding two guys with hard hats on.
This ^ was hilarious. My buddy moved to Austin so we make the ride to see him, not to go to ROT. It's a good time, but not enough reason to ride 2k miles in 100 degree heat.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:04 AM
kajunkruzer
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SG_Dave
Depends on what you want. Good music, crowd and fun in the 6th street area. Crazy party with lots of nudity (most of which you'll wish you hadn't seen) on the parade route in the fairgrounds. Its more of a cart rally down in that area. Been there done that for the for the crazy party. I don't go out to the fairgrounds. Luckenbach is good sometimes for country music but hot and has strip club beer prices. Head out to lake Travis or Hamilton pool during the day and hit the 6th street area at night. The best bars are a street or two off 6th.

Yeah, I forgot about all the golf carts and four wheelers pulling trailers. Although I heard that starting this year they are only allowing golf carts, no atvs and no trailers. I guess that's an improvement. It was more of a cart/atv rally than a bike rally for a while. I even knew people who left their bikes at home so they could bring their golf cart instead.

We usually head out to Luckenbach & Fredericksburg for a day trip. My suggestion is pack an icechest with water in your saddlebags if you can. June is hot as **** in the hill country. I always said they should change the name to the hot rally instead of the ROT rally. Another cool place to hang out is Carlos & Charlies on the lake, plus Deep Eddy Cabaret is a cool *** dive bar on the far end of 6th St. where it turns into Lake Austin Blvd.