Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

two bikes one ez pass?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 01:13 PM
BigD64
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know if it would work in Mass or not. But if you don't have an EZ-pass for the tolls in the Northeast get one. Nothing worse than pulling up to a toll booth in light rain, like driving on an oil slick. Pulling away after is just as bad as stopping. After one too many slip n slides i got a ez-pass no issues anymore.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:57 AM
ks6c
Tourer

Originally Posted by equandt
If you have an Ultra, the tourpak covers up the license plate enough that the camera can't catch the picture.
Don't count on that anymore. Here in the Denver area they have lowered the cameras on the toll roads - picks up the plate under the TourPak just fine. DAMHIK.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

LOL. Don't know what's funnier, the original post or the responses.
1. if one bike has the ezpass and the other doesn't and you go thru the toll booth, if they realize two vehicles went thru it doesn't matter if they get a pic of your plate, they will know who you are because of the ezpass on the one bike! duh!
2. Yes, you can register many vehicles on one pass but the pass can only be used for one vehicle AT A TIME else it is a violation
3. ride a 20,000+ bike and worried a few dollars for a toll?!?
4. Several states have reduced tolls for bikes - I have 2 ezpass' - one registered for car/truck and the other registered for bike. when using the bike's pass, cheaper tolls.
5. knowingly violating a law, makes you a criminal by definition.
6. wonder why bikers have a bad reputation, this doesn't help and leads to further legislation to make enjoying our lifestyle more difficult. Pay the damn toll like everyone else or ride different roads.
7. Don't like the existing laws/policies, contact your representative and make you feelings known at the voting booth.

Last edited by Weavr99FLHT; 05-05-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Ultrathunder
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In Oklahoma anyway, it is legal for 2 Motorcycles to pass thru for 1 toll side by side,,

Old 05-06-2012, 01:21 AM
Panky
Advanced

I tried it with my buddy and got caught. 1st offense cost me 62.00 but the second they told me would be 362.00.....all on the PA turnpike

Old 05-06-2012, 02:27 AM
viperr817
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Weavr99FLHT
LOL. Don't know what's funnier, the original post or the responses.
1. if one bike has the ezpass and the other doesn't and you go thru the toll booth, if they realize two vehicles went thru it doesn't matter if they get a pic of your plate, they will know who you are because of the ezpass on the one bike! duh!
2. Yes, you can register many vehicles on one pass but the pass can only be used for one vehicle AT A TIME else it is a violation
3. ride a 20,000+ bike and worried a few dollars for a toll?!?
4. Several states have reduced tolls for bikes - I have 2 ezpass' - one registered for car/truck and the other registered for bike. when using the bike's pass, cheaper tolls.
5. knowingly violating a law, makes you a criminal by definition.
6. wonder why bikers have a bad reputation, this doesn't help and leads to further legislation to make enjoying our lifestyle more difficult. Pay the damn toll like everyone else or ride different roads.
7. Don't like the existing laws/policies, contact your representative and make you feelings known at the voting booth.
For u to spend the time to type this huge response is really funny to me! It was merely a question that came up in conversation at work. I am not trying to intentionally cheat the system, just curious.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:52 AM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ultrathunder
In Oklahoma anyway, it is legal for 2 Motorcycles to pass thru for 1 toll side by side,,
curious, do both bikes have to have an ezpass or legal if only one bike has the pass. the original question asked if two bikes can go thru with only 1 pass.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:54 AM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by viperr817
For u to spend the time to type this huge response is really funny to me! It was merely a question that came up in conversation at work. I am not trying to intentionally cheat the system, just curious.
it was pouring rain, bike was polished, had nothing else to do.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:13 AM
journeyman
Road Master
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

For the guys that use the EZ pass.
Where do you keep it?
Does it work from inside the tour pak?

Old 05-06-2012, 08:24 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by viperr817
Humor is always good! We all like to be entertained. OMG! You guys are all a bunch iof hardened criminals, you might cheat the system out of $2 !!!! Yep, skipping tolls is definitely giving bikers bad reputations, scaring little old ladies from driving on the toll roads! Just for the record, we ride all the time, one EZ-Pass, two bikes, never have an issue, two tolls appear for each checkpoint on the account. Why would the DOT care if they're used at the same time, all they want is the toll money?

Quick Reply: two bikes one ez pass?