Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&M 6 speaker Rocker w/led's Set up 3,000? is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 04:27 AM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SG_Dave
Lots of guys put the 1" tweeter in the gauge holes and the 6.5" woofer in the regular spot. They lose the air temp and the volt gauges. I didn't want to lose my gauges so I ran 2 way 6.5".
Most component speakers can mount the tweeters on the 6 1/2. I would never sacrifice any of my gauges. My Boston Accoustic PRO SE 60's components all fight right in the 6 1/2 fairing hole. What components were you trying to run that wouldn't mount this way ??

Old 05-01-2012, 05:07 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GLACIERPEARL
Most component speakers can mount the tweeters on the 6 1/2. I would never sacrifice any of my gauges. My Boston Accoustic PRO SE 60's components all fight right in the 6 1/2 fairing hole. What components were you trying to run that wouldn't mount this way ??
I checked out mounting the Focal tweeter in place of a gauge and it would not fit, they are about 1/4" too small. I put them in the Hog Tune tweeter pod instead. How do you mount them with the the 6.5 speaker? Attach it some how to the adapter ring? wouldn't that block some of the sound from the 6.5? I thought about removing the tweeter pod and using the two holes holes I put in the dash for that to use the surface mount casings that comes with the focal tweeters. That would look kind of odd and the wire and one hole would be visible, but it is doable.

Last edited by jjnoble; 05-01-2012 at 05:13 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:37 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Bostons have a bracket to attach them.

Good luck on your system Timmy !! Check back often for advice and let us know which way you are leaning. There are a couple of guys on here that can steer you in your decisions !! But,........YOU gotta be the one that's satisfied !! PM me if you have any questions.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:48 PM
molinoman
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Obviously JMJohn is going to stick up for his systems. It was amazing how many were still quoting a $3,000 price point after his post.

I priced his system (and he usually offers, I believe, a 15% off price at the rallys) and it was going to put me out about $1,800 and that was for one 500 W amp and eight speakers and new bagger lids (without the painting).

While at Daytona I heard his systems in action and they were loud and proud and sounded great...not sure where the other guy who went to Daytona went to as I don't think it was the J&M booth as he obviously didn't hear the same systems I did.

I'll be at Thunder Beach this Saturday and plan on "pre-buying" my new system to put in my eventual Road Glide I'm buying later on this year, I will probably be installing it myself but the videos on the J&M website are pretty self explanatory and the system is pretty much plug 'n play so I don't feel it will be a problem.

Bottom line is you have to buy the system you can enjoy and at a price you want to pay. J&M may be priced higher than other comparable systems but that is why you can buy a Chevy Cruze or a Cadillac your choice...no one is holding a gun to your head to make you buy something you don't want.

Hopefully the original thread poster will find the system that makes him happy and that is the system he will have.

Good luck,

Dennis

Last edited by molinoman; 05-01-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have looked at Hawg wired's bundle and now Bagger Nation's bundle it is a toss up. I wont be able to pull the trigger until June 1st when I do I will post. thanks for all the advice.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:14 PM
2swild
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Timmy B, the "bundles" or "packages" aren't always a "deal." I bought my RF 300 x 2 amp, Polk 6.5 mm's speakers, speakers rings and RF wiring amp kit all for 360.00....I got these most through ebay and amazon.....check around, I thought the bagger nation kit was a little pricey as well....