Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&M 6 speaker Rocker w/led's Set up 3,000? is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 07:05 AM
FFZHD
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

y pay 5 bills for LEDS when u can go to a local parts store and pick up a pair of LED strip lites for 28.00 and do it ur self. search it on here and ull find a nice write up with step by step instructions

Old 04-30-2012, 12:22 PM
funkydrummer
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol....$3k. Wow...there is one born every minute brother. Don't be that guy.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:41 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't think I would go with the lids on a limited since that will involve paint. I'd go with 6.5 components in the fairing if you don't mind losing a couple of guages. 6.5s in the lowers. 5.25s in the tour pack and a sub in the tourpack. You could run it off a couple of amps in you bags or a mini amp in the fairing and another in a bag. I'd probably replace the head unit if I had your budget. If you want to go with the whole 3K then I would do 6x9s in the lids and have them painted. There are some good lids out there. Just remember only your passenger is going to hear the stuff behind you at speed.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:47 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SG_Dave
I don't think I would go with the lids on a limited since that will involve paint. I'd go with 6.5 components in the fairing if you don't mind losing a couple of guages. 6.5s in the lowers. 5.25s in the tour pack and a sub in the tourpack. You could run it off a couple of amps in you bags or a mini amp in the fairing and another in a bag. I'd probably replace the head unit if I had your budget. If you want to go with the whole 3K then I would do 6x9s in the lids and have them painted. There are some good lids out there. Just remember only your passenger is going to hear the stuff behind you at speed.
Did you mount tweeters in place of your gauges? How did you mount them? They are a little small for the hole.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:06 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jjnoble
Did you mount tweeters in place of your gauges? How did you mount them? They are a little small for the hole.
Why would you have to lose 2 gauges to run components ??? That's insane.

Mount them with the 6 1/2's.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:39 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Lots of guys put the 1" tweeter in the gauge holes and the 6.5" woofer in the regular spot. They lose the air temp and the volt gauges. I didn't want to lose my gauges so I ran 2 way 6.5".

Old 04-30-2012, 09:59 PM
rg567
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

3000 bucks for a motorcycle stereo system is insane. You can get a HELL of a system for way less than half that. Just cause j&m is a loud influence here in this forum doesn't mean thats all thats out there. Do your research and pick up speakers for 150/set and an amp for 300-500 and rock out. Good luck...

Old 05-01-2012, 01:04 AM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have found many a site and dealer since I have been looking hard core. Getting prices from around 1700- 2200. and with major stuff. I will keep all posted with what the final decision is. Until, shinny side up!!

Old 05-01-2012, 03:46 AM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Good luck Timmy B in your search for tunes

I guess I finally found one good thing about being half deaf
Iam saving a ton of coins on a stereo system for the scoot........LOL

btw............couple years back I replaced the stock fairing speakers with the J&M's
and have been completely happy. Better than stock and being half, well you know

Old 05-01-2012, 03:48 AM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,529 Likes on 10,794 Posts

Originally Posted by Timmy B
I have been thinking about replacing my HOG TUNES system on my limited. I live Torreon Mexico, but My limited is back in Boston. I was not very happy with the HOGTUNES after my last summer tour on the bike and this summer, I have a lot of riding to do, I am looking to replace.

I was looking into the J&M rocker site at the six speaker set up, speaker LED lights and a 500 watt amp they want 3,081! I feel like this is way too much money. I know doing the bad lids gets expensive with repainting the lids and what not, but 3,000 grand.

1. who has this system and is it worth it?

2. Can anyone in the Boston area turn me on to an Bagger auido guy who migth me able to give me a good system for 2,000. I did not really want to spend more then 2000, but if I have to go 3000 I will.

3. IS HAWG WIRED a good option?

I really dont have time to do it myself and I am in no way a good enough mechanic to do it myself. An oil change is about all you will get from me.
Man, thats a whole lotta clams to drop on music and lights....
I sure would like to hear and see your set-up once finished....
Actually, if you are in Boston I may be able to hear it from here

Quick Reply: J&M 6 speaker Rocker w/led's Set up 3,000? is it worth it?