Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&M 6 speaker Rocker w/led's Set up 3,000? is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 10:09 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2swild
U could fly me to Boston from Pittsburgh, pay for the gas for me to ride ur bike back to Ohio where I live... Then I could could have a radio shop put in a quality sound system that probabley sounds much better than J&M and finally, I could have a 18 wheeler tow ur bike back to Boston and it wouldn't cost 3000.00....Freaking JM is rediculous...just waiting for JMJohn to come on here and say "pretty hard to beat those JM rockkers." then he'll tell u he'll send u coupon for $10 off because they are rediculously priced and not even made by them.....sorry for the rant....
Dude, I hear you barking!!! I was shocked when I saw the prices. I dont want stock in the comapny~!

Old 04-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!

Originally Posted by 06BLKPRL
J&M Products are nice, but way overpriced. I would find a nice mid-level speaker and amp, then run with that. I did all my own work. Less than 1k on equipment, and the labor was free. 8 speakers and 1600 watts later...Priceless!!!
your scoot is looking pretty killer, I will look into a local shop when I get home.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:22 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member

Stage 3 Systems take it to the max. Optimized with our highest performing equipment and technology, these systems bring on the crowds and bragging rights in large numbers. Stage 3 systems can be configured in multiple ways and can result in an 8 speaker, 400 watt RMS, competition level power house.

RS/ZX/ZX/SBL:
Same core set-up as our "BIG SIX" system but with an added set of our ZX series 6.5" speakers. This system requires lower fairings or a third 6.5" provision.

Key Features
Class-D design makes efficient power with low heat
Clean, raw power without taxing the charging system
Standard interfaces for universal compatibility
Built-in crossovers for complete system customization
Conformal coated for corrosion and water protection
Professional, plug & play, easy installation
2 Year Warranty

Kit Includes
1 - RS Series 400W (2x100) Amplifier
6 - ZX Series 6.5 Component Speakers
2 - 6.5" Adapter Rings AR65B (Batwing) or AR65S (Sharknose)
2 - Lucky 13 Saddlebag Lids

The Bottom Line
1 x SBL-200P$789.951 x ZX654-100$249.951 x ZX654-100R$279.951 x MPS150$219.951 x RS4004$695.95Sold Separately: $2,235.75Bundle Savings: $255.80 Resize Available Options:

so I think this is the way I will go, now if I can just get it a little cheaper than the list price given on the web-site!

Old 04-29-2012, 10:33 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,573 Likes on 1,497 Posts

J&M makes overpriced crap. I have a few friends who have got suckered in and bought them,and then got suckered in again and bought the ROKKER system. I can tell you first hand they aren't what you think. I remember when I walked over to the J&M display at Daytona. They had a bunch of their bikes there showing off the different systems,nothing special a little volume,and fairly decent sound quality is all you get. For that amount of money,you can do so much better IMHO.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:51 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

EXCUSE ME ?? ,,,,,,

J&M makes overpriced crap ? ,,,,,, I think not ,,,,,,,

J&M offers THE BEST performing speakers and amplifiers for your Harley Bagger ,,,,

if you have listened to our bikes in Daytona, you know what I am talking about ,,,,, you can check-out the systems from about every other manufacturer right there, and make up your own mind ,,,,,,

as for a $3,000.00 audio system ?? ,,,, you could spend that much with J&M if you REALLY TRIED, but it would be an 8 speaker, 500 watt system with all the fancy $500 LED light rings etc ,,,,,, custom bag lids, LOWER fairing speakers, $300 worth of install labor, the works ,,,,

a top notch J&M 6 speaker, 500watt ROKKER system will set you back around $1,750.00, and that is IF we install it ,,,,,,,

you can go check out the Harley BOOM stuff, the R/Fosgate stuff, even a complete Hertz system ,,, (((I have seen and heard them all by the way))) and when you come and really listen to the J&M systems, you will hear what I mean ,,,,,,

who will be in Panama beach FL this next week and weekend ?

Old 04-30-2012, 12:03 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Don't forget the cost of painting the HW primed saddlebag speaker lids--probably $200-$300 for the pair.

Good luck with your project.

Carl

Old 04-30-2012, 12:48 AM
CHILLLS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why do you want 6 speakers? i did the speakers in the lowers & the fairing with fosgate & a 300 watt amp & believe me i can hear them just fine at 100+ mph on the freeway.

just my 2 cents though

& it only cost me bout $425

Old 04-30-2012, 05:22 AM
2swild
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Timmy B, u could also buy the amp from Arc Audio...It's the same exact amp with a different label on it and it's get a price tag this isn't so shocking...Several companies have their label on this same amp which was produced by Robert Zeff including JM, Arc Audio, Elf Audio, and I am pretty sure Wet Sounds is included as well...

Old 04-30-2012, 06:24 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2swild
Timmy B, u could also buy the amp from Arc Audio...It's the same exact amp with a different label on it and it's get a price tag this isn't so shocking...Several companies have their label on this same amp which was produced by Robert Zeff including JM, Arc Audio, Elf Audio, and I am pretty sure Wet Sounds is included as well...

If it is all the same amp then I would get it from someplace that has a decent warranty. Arc does not. Arc has one of the most restrictive, short-lived warranties I have ever seen. I would not do business with them for that reason alone.

Last edited by jjnoble; 04-30-2012 at 06:28 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:03 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 384 Likes on 229 Posts

I am very happy with my Rokker speakers. They play loud and clear and I never worry about riding in the rain or washing the bike...

Still one of my best mods...

Quick Reply: J&M 6 speaker Rocker w/led's Set up 3,000? is it worth it?