Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed 4" Rinehart Slip Ons Today and.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 09:05 PM
avguy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed 4" Rinehart Slip Ons Today and.....

Wow! They sound awesome!

I have a 2012 SG. So my question is this. I wasn't planning on changing the headers, intake, or ecu to the screaming eagle one or a Power Commander at this time.

Is it safe to just change out the slip ons?

Old 04-28-2012, 09:09 PM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Yep safe as long as you did not change the AC. And yep they sound great.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:12 PM
fenderzig
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Airborne350G
Yep safe as long as you did not change the AC. And yep they sound great.
^^^^^ What he said!

Old 04-28-2012, 09:16 PM
TheArchitect
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, it's fine. If you added an intake at the same time then it would run too lean without a tune, but just the exhaust isn't enough to force the need for a tune.

I just put the same pipes on my 07 a few days ago, I love them too!

Old 04-28-2012, 09:23 PM
avguy
Advanced

Thanks guys. The bike is pretty we and only has a few hundred miles on it. That won't make a difference will it?

Also, if I add an intake later do I need a whole new ecu, or just a flash from the dealer?

Old 04-28-2012, 09:29 PM
TNCarters
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Now your getting into a huge area of lots of options. Generally there are ECM replacements, Flash tuners(aftermarket and dealer) and add-on tuners. Each has its differences that some people like.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:09 PM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 254 Likes on 162 Posts

I'm interested in the 4" Rineharts too. Anybody ever hear of them yellowing from excessive heat? I had a guy at a FL dealership tell me Rinehart wouldn't warranty yellowing, and I'm worried that running the stock a/c and header pipe with Cat might damage the muffler? Anyone ever hear this, or am I worried for nothing? Found some Rineharts from Eastern that have the slash cut, and I'm in love with em! Lol. Anyone have that problem?
Jerry
Sorry for the highjack!

Old 04-28-2012, 10:12 PM
Pa-Rider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerry L
I'm interested in the 4" Rineharts too. Anybody ever hear of them yellowing from excessive heat? I had a guy at a FL dealership tell me Rinehart wouldn't warranty yellowing, and I'm worried that running the stock a/c and header pipe with Cat might damage the muffler? Anyone ever hear this, or am I worried for nothing? Found some Rineharts from Eastern that have the slash cut, and I'm in love with em! Lol. Anyone have that problem?
Jerry
Sorry for the highjack!
I think you're worried for nothing. I've never heard of them yellowing? I've had mine for a year now and they still look as good as new, except for a little bottom rash at the end where I came off a curb just a little too high and hot.. Can't see it from anywhere other than under the bike though. You won't regret the Rineharts..

Old 04-28-2012, 10:41 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jerry L
Jerry
Sorry for the highjack!
My first ever set of aftermarket pipes on an HD bike was on my 2010 RKC. I bought a pair of 3.5" Rinehart slip-ons. I did just the slip-ons, they didn't sound great because the cat in the head pipe still had the airflow choked up, I did not do a tuner, or A/C, or new header, just the slip-ons and in less than 400 miles the right side muffler turned yellow/gold color right smack in the middle.

So yes it can happen. I had (3) other people I knew who did the same thing with just the slip-ons and same thing happened, and I had a set of another brand of pipes that the same thing happened to on my 2011 Ultra and after that no pipes for me unless I do a full stage 1 (tuner, pipes, header, A/C)

Trying to save money just ended up costing me more in the end because I had to buy slip-ons twice.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:48 PM
3/4 life crisis
Road Master

As inexpensive as they are, I highly recommend NightRiders Xied. Even on stock bikes, it'll run better and slightly cooler.

Quick Reply: Installed 4" Rinehart Slip Ons Today and.....