Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ideas for Lights on Tour Pak

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 05:02 PM
acamj
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use a single plasma rod mounted under the pack, you can't see it until you hit the brakes. With the two others mounted on the fender facia the is plenty of brake lights.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Got any pics of the one mounted u der the tour pak? That is a great idea.

Originally Posted by acamj
I use a single plasma rod mounted under the pack, you can't see it until you hit the brakes. With the two others mounted on the fender facia the is plenty of brake lights.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:47 PM
StreetKing
Tourer

Harleypingman- I have a run,brake module.Could I splice into that? And acamj- I would like to see a pic of that plasma rod under the box and how it was mounted.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:08 PM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is a Radiantz #4713-15 14.7" flexible array under the tourpack lid.

It is 115 leds wide and each end can be used for directionals , I believe 15 leds at each end.
I have it setup for run and brake only and it's the brightest light in the tourpack.
The camera didn't do it any justice as far as intensity is concerned.
I get complimented on it quite a bit.
Mine's red , but it can be had clear also.
Mick

Old 04-28-2012, 09:42 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetKing
Harleypingman- I have a run,brake module.Could I splice into that?
Probably; I'm not a tech; I'd probably splice the run/brake/ground downstream from the y-harness used by the rtb module.

Whatever you do, you'll want to put a quick disconnect in the harness so the tp can be removed and reinstalled easily.

Suggestion: Unless you're going to permanently mount the tour pak, save your money and buy a brightasslight's tail light to replace the OEM tail light. Tons of threads here on those; great attention getting lighting for the rear of the bike.

Good luck with whatever you do.

Carl

Old 04-29-2012, 07:23 AM
acamj
Intermediate

Ill see if i can get a pic of it posted today after work.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:07 PM
acamj
Intermediate

The light is mounted on a piece of old windshield I had and that is attached to the pack by the single stud that was already there in the pack. I believe it is the stud for the metal plate that is in the bottom on the inside. I did it this way so i could remove it easily when i get around to painting it to match the bike. I bought the tp used for my trip to fla last year and it has not been on the bike since, but whenever I get around to having it painted along with my fairing lowers Ill probably hardly ever remove it. It is set up on a solo bracket and when it was on I liked it. It only takes a minute to put on and take off anyway.

Attached Thumbnails Ideas for Lights on Tour Pak-bike-024.jpg   Ideas for Lights on Tour Pak-bike-013.jpg   Ideas for Lights on Tour Pak-bike-018.jpg   Ideas for Lights on Tour Pak-bike-014.jpg  
Old 04-30-2012, 05:04 AM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Figured them pointy Caddy lights would scare them away....

Yea, Thats what I thought also. But they don't show up as much in the daylight as they do at night, so I took them off. Better safe than looking purdy.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:51 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by acamj
The light is mounted on a piece of old windshield I had and that is attached to the pack by the single stud that was already there in the pack. I believe it is the stud for the metal plate that is in the bottom on the inside. I did it this way so i could remove it easily when i get around to painting it to match the bike. I bought the tp used for my trip to fla last year and it has not been on the bike since, but whenever I get around to having it painted along with my fairing lowers Ill probably hardly ever remove it. It is set up on a solo bracket and when it was on I liked it. It only takes a minute to put on and take off anyway.
Looks good. Thanks...

Old 04-30-2012, 10:21 AM
etstrine
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default radiantz

I posted this write up a while back. Lite strip acts as a brake, run and turn signal. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...yn-w-pics.html

Last edited by etstrine; 04-30-2012 at 10:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Ideas for Lights on Tour Pak