Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LRS Hawg Wings Review - Most of the buffeting cured

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 08:48 AM
TURQ
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Great write up. I wish I would have seen them on the site. I have a new windshield on the way and I could have saved a little time and maybe money.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Depdog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, takin a shot with em. Just ordered the Dark ones. If they allow me to remove the fork mounted wind deflectors I will be very happy. If I don't have the same results then I will post them for sale.

I had to call them to order and they were very easy to deal with.

Glenn

Old 05-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Depdog
Garemlin

I know you did not like the looks of the lower fork mounted winde deflectors. I am just wondering if you ever tried them. I have them (and while not crazy about the looks), they work very well.

I was wondering if you had tried them and could give a comparison. I may still try the Hog Wings, although I am going to have to call, the site says $29.99 but when you add them to your cart they are $39.99.

I am willing to spend about $26.00 to try them out (after the discount offered and shipping). If they work for me as they did you I could get rid of the form mounted ones.

How tall are you? I am 5'7" and when I put my feet on the engine guard next to the engine, most my buffeting went away, so thats why the fork mounted ones worked so well for me.

Thanks
Glenn

Sorry no never tried the fork mounted deflectors because of the obvious reason. Be sure to post your thoughts so others may be able to decide.

And I am 5' 8".

Old 05-09-2012, 01:12 PM
PhoneGuy-MI
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice write up, added to the list of must purchase. Can't buy this week as I already bought my part this week (1 part a week or I have to go to some kind of meeting and admit to all kinds of stuff I don't want to have to).

Old 05-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Depdog
Tourer

They should be on the way to me today and hope to have them by Fri or Sat

I will pull off the fork mounted ones and slap these on. Guy said to use the three bottom holes of the fairing and ignore the 4th hole on the HogWings. I will deff let yall know how they work.

Fingers crossed that they work better than the fork mounted ones. I would love to be able to remove them and sell them. Would also let me put on my choice of driving lights (HD or Kury) the ones where the turn signal and light are on the same bracket.

Thanks
Glenn

Old 05-09-2012, 01:40 PM
PhoneGuy-MI
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by longrideshields-1
If anyone was having trouble earlier with the discount code, it's fixed now. use HDForums40 for 40% off,
Just wondering why this part/product isn't part of your normal products page?

Old 05-09-2012, 01:57 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by PhoneGuy-MI
Just wondering why this part/product isn't part of your normal products page?
+1

Beary

Old 05-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Depdog
Tourer

When I talked to them they were working on that issue today.

Said they switched up the site and they did not know why it was not showing. The direct link that was supplied in another post in this thread was to an OLD page that had the old price of $29.99 they were supposed to be $39.99

Glenn

Old 05-09-2012, 03:13 PM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

You are correct, we had a problem when we re-did our website, thank you for your patience. Sorry for the mix-up. They are part of our regular product line-up and we're working on updating the site! It is currently and option at the bottom of the XStream and the Ultra, we're working on adding links to it on it's own : ) Should be fixed today. Thank you again for your patience, and thank you all for your orders so far. If anyone would like to look at the link in the meantime, here it is http://www.longrideshields.com/hawgwings.html

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Last edited by longrideshields-1; 05-09-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:52 PM
Depdog
Tourer

Garemlin

Do they hit your tank when you turn to the lock? I probably should have asked this before I ordered them.

Thanks
Glenn

Quick Reply: LRS Hawg Wings Review - Most of the buffeting cured