Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LRS Hawg Wings Review - Most of the buffeting cured

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 06:37 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,280 Likes on 4,445 Posts

Originally Posted by Garemlin
hattitude: The Hawg Wings use the bottom three holes on the inside of the fairing.

Thanks.....!

Old 05-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Dynamohm
Road Warrior
Received 762 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Garemlin
Well I installed my Long Ride Shields Hawg Wings along with my new 6" Ultra last night. Already knew how the shield performed so today I got to test the Hawg Wings.

I have had the HD adjustable deflectors on past bikes and IMO they really didn't do much. So I honestly was not expecting much with the Hawg Wings. Well I was totally wrong. These things really did the trick to severely lessen the buffeting. It is not completely gone but I would say at least 90% of it. Which makes for a more pleasant ride. I rode in a nice smooth pocket all day with just nice smooth air hitting me. And we had 20-30 mph winds today with even higher gusts. Even at speeds of near 95 there was still very minimal choppy air getting to me other than side shots from the heavy wind gusts.

I did several tests to see where air was still coming up, around and over. Most of the air that comes under the Hawg Wings hits me right at the forearm and elbow. Where before the air coming up from around the fairing would hit me in the chest and chin with force. One funny thing I noticed is when placing my hand in the area around the front of the tank where alot of air used to come up from under the forks there was hardly any now. And the little that was seems to be directed straight up and not towards my chest or face. I was going to add the fork air baffle but since I don't feel any air coming up from that area now I really don't see the point.

I don't know exactly what it is about the design of these that makes them work better than the HD deflectors. But whatever it is it works. Could possibly be the wider area at the bottom. Who knows and I am not complaining.

All and all these are a great addition. And the price can't be beat. I have seen some posts complaining about the way they look. But I really like them myself.

Order Here:
LRS Hawg Wings

You can use any active LRS 25% or 30% off coupons on these as well.

Here are a few pics.

Not looking to cure all the wind buffeting, I cured alot of it with a LRS windshield. I was just about to purchase the Harley adjustable wind deflectors hoping to cure a little more. Would like to here some opinions from people that have tried both. I don't mind the cost of the Harley ones in my opinion they look much better.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:35 PM
jcurley290
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have not tried the Harley but I have the Hawg Wings from Long Ride Shields and they work great. The look good to.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynamohm
Not looking to cure all the wind buffeting, I cured alot of it with a LRS windshield. I was just about to purchase the Harley adjustable wind deflectors hoping to cure a little more. Would like to here some opinions from people that have tried both. I don't mind the cost of the Harley ones in my opinion they look much better.
I had the HD ones on two previous bikes and IMO they didn't do much. The added width of the Hawg Wings at the bottom makes the difference me thinks. And I think the HW look better.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:01 PM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry, ddouble ppost

Last edited by drukanfu; 05-09-2012 at 12:26 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:14 PM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

I just recieved my Hawg Wings and another 10" Stealth windshield from Long Ride Shields. Really a great setup ! I've had 4 different versions of the fairing wind deflectors including the adjustable ones. These Hawg Wings Work ! Looks alot better too !

Last edited by drukanfu; 08-10-2012 at 01:17 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:16 PM
geopac
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the reviews everyone. Based on them I just ordered up a set myself. Great to get the discount as well.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:45 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey LRS. Where is my commission??? LOL

Old 05-09-2012, 08:12 AM
Kingers103
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just placed my order for the Hawg Wings. I recently purchased the 9" recurve and that works incredibly well. I'm looking forward to these - the buffeting has been murder.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Depdog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Garemlin

I know you did not like the looks of the lower fork mounted winde deflectors. I am just wondering if you ever tried them. I have them (and while not crazy about the looks), they work very well.

I was wondering if you had tried them and could give a comparison. I may still try the Hog Wings, although I am going to have to call, the site says $29.99 but when you add them to your cart they are $39.99.

I am willing to spend about $26.00 to try them out (after the discount offered and shipping). If they work for me as they did you I could get rid of the form mounted ones.

How tall are you? I am 5'7" and when I put my feet on the engine guard next to the engine, most my buffeting went away, so thats why the fork mounted ones worked so well for me.

Thanks
Glenn

Quick Reply: LRS Hawg Wings Review - Most of the buffeting cured