Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

103/255 vs 103/?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 04:46 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by XARAN
Not always. There are many 103 out there with only Stage 2 (A/C, Pipes, Cams and tuner) making over 100 Hp/Tq just look at the dyno section.

Here is a link off Jamies site at Fuel Moto 103, with stage 2 (cams, pipes, a/c and PV) no head work 100hp/113tq

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/dynocharts/TW777.jpg

and one tuned with PCV 98hp/109tq
http://www.fuelmotousa.com/dynocharts/103TW-555.jpg

Im getting ready to do cams and will probably stay Se parts. Im looking at either the SE 204 or Se 254e and expect to break the 100 mark. But what is more important is the ride , if it puts a smile on your face after the work it was worth it, too much getting caught up in #
Jamie's getting 98 and 100 HP out of those bikes, not 111 HP. There's no way anybody's getting those numbers without more work than just Stage 1 and cams.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Ultra Dare
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2007 Ultra. Bought it new. Lost oil pressure reading one day. A ball valve in the cam support plate that feds the gauge needed replacing (if I remember right). Anyway, I piggy backed my motor kit with the warrentee labor to save $. I did the 103 Screaming Eagle kit right out of the performance catalog. Did the 255s with the clutch spring, flat tops and the HD stage 2 canned download from corporate. Had to add the mechanical comp. releases soon after. Called Rush and got their take on baffle inserts. Bought their Torque Cones and did 1 3/4 in the left and 2 1/4 in the right. After about 1,500 miles I trailered it to Big Moose Harley in Portland, Maine. They did not do the build. The bike did two pulls. Both fuel readings were in the 13 to 13.5 range. We did two pulls. It did 100.5 and 99.7 horse and 110 and 110.5 torque. I'm super happy. When my buddies and I get screwing around they say they can hear me coming from about three bikes back when they're at WOT. A couple guys have also done motor kits but most are stage one glides with slip ons. Numbers are just that. What really matters is how it makes me/ or you feel when you roll on it. These things are all torque monsters. I really didn't need this upgrade. I did it because of the deal I got at the time. I'm really glad I did but, no body wants to play anymore. I love it.

- Daryl.

Last edited by Ultra Dare; 04-29-2012 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Edit.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Sallyman
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra Dare
I have a 2007 Ultra. Bought it new. Lost oil pressure reading one day. A ball valve in the cam support plate that feds the gauge needed replacing (if I remember right). Anyway, I piggy backed my motor kit with the warrentee labor to save $. I did the 103 Screaming Eagle kit right out of the performance catalog. Did the 255s with the clutch spring, flat tops and the HD stage 2 canned download from corporate. Had to add the mechanical comp. releases soon after. Called Rush and got their take on baffle inserts. Bought their Torque Cones and did 1 3/4 in the left and 2 1/4 in the right. After about 1,500 miles I trailered it to Big Moose Harley in Portland, Maine. They did not do the build. The bike did two pulls. Both fuel readings were in the 13 to 13.5 range. We did two pulls. It did 100.5 and 99.7 horse and 110 and 110.5 torque. I'm super happy. When my buddies and I get screwing around they say they can hear me coming from about three bikes back when they're at WOT. A couple guys have also done motor kits but most are stage one glides with slip ons. Numbers are just that. What really matters is how it makes me/ or you feel when you roll on it. These things are all torque monsters. I really didn't need this upgrade. I did it because of the deal I got at the time. I'm really glad I did but, no body wants to play anymore. I love it.
r :

Amen brother
<LI class=stars><LI class=avatar><LI class=postcount>Posts: 6489<LI class=gender>Country: <LI class=blurb>The foothills of northern CA<LI class=profile>

Re: Can someone set the record straight??

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:35:42 PM »

I'm right at 98HP SAE with my 103, pipes and TW37. I have a closed endcap. I'm sure the HP would come up some if I opened it up. Not that high though.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:13 PM
Ultra Dare
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sallyman
r :

Amen brother

Re: Can someone set the record straight??[/B]

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:35:42 PM »

I'm right at 98HP SAE with my 103, pipes and TW37. I have a closed endcap. I'm sure the HP would come up some if I opened it up. Not that high though.
I checked out the link to tech talk. A popular topic. I've learned and confirmed a couple things of interest that I think people forget.
-The 2009 and newer touring bikes pull good off the line due to their gear change. A buddy has a 96 stage one on a 2009 Classic that has ALL kinds of guts. He launches pretty hard.
-Also, the factory 103 bikes have the same cams in them as the stock 96ers. With no modifications the 103 puts out just less then 70 horses. But, because of the displacement it does put out a respectable 85 (+ or -) foot pounds of torque. .

Really though, what's the bottom line? Few of us are capable or willing to drive the guts out of our scoots. On a ride I'd crank on it, than you would. We'd screw off and have fun. Your happy. I'm happy. Good to go.

- Daryl

Last edited by Ultra Dare; 04-29-2012 at 08:45 AM.