Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your motorcycle cover? How is it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Firetender
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Your motorcycle cover? How is it?

Nelson-rigg! The first basic cover was good for 5+ years. I upgraded to the better waterproof medium-weight version and I'm more than happy!!

Old 01-02-2007, 03:36 PM
christian0632
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I should have clarified a bit, the cover is to keep rain as well as the elements off during overnighters at a hotel/motel. Normally, I keep the bike in the heated garage in winter and when not riding. Don't really need a dust cover in there but I have had to blow the "sawdust" off after cutting up some wood every once in awhile!

I appreciate all the good info everyone has provided. Think I'll stick with the HD covers. As I said, I really like them but wanted to find out if there was anything better out there.

Old 01-02-2007, 03:51 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Don't have an outdoor cover yet, but I'm looking to get this one.....

Touring Motorcycle Cover without Eagle Logo
P/N 98722-90B

Old 01-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Put a Honda cover on it to keep the thieves away.

Old 01-02-2007, 04:42 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

Quick tip.....
Get the non-logo cover by H-D, then run on down to a rice shop and get a stickon logo to add to the cover.
Once your bike is under a cover with that rice logo outside the hotel. it is then protected from the Elements and Theft.

Old 01-02-2007, 04:48 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member

I'm afraid it would give my bike a self esteem problem.

ORIGINAL: SteelCityScooter

Quick tip.....
Get the non-logo cover by H-D, then run on down to a rice shop and get a stickon logo to add to the cover.
Once your bike is under a cover with that rice logo outside the hotel. it is then protected from the Elements and Theft.

Old 01-02-2007, 05:08 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

Not to worry....easy fix.

With bike securely located in your garage:
You will need.

2, 5 gallon buckets
1, 12 pack of your favorite beer
2 dozen wings, in your favorite flavor

Set 1 bucket two feet from motorcycle upside down, set second bucket right side up,filled with ice and beers, 1 foot from first. Set wings 1 foot from the other side of first bucket.
Once everything is setup, park your *** on the top of the upside down bucket and proceed to consume beer and wings while explaining to your motorcylce that the cover with the rice emblem is actually a good thing.
Explain your love and devotionto your motorcycle, an how hard it would be to get the old lady to sit on it all night while you slept soundly in the motel/hotel, and provide the same security from theft as a rice emblem.
You can also streess the point that the old lady option also comes with the motorcycle having to put up with all her nagging while you sleep.

Old 01-02-2007, 05:18 PM
swomack
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the H-D cover with logo. It's great but takes up alot of space. I also have a Dowco ultralight cover that is good for what you want. Dowco made the H-D cover and I have had to deal with them for warranty on the ultralight thta I might have ripped and they replaced it no questions asked!

Old 01-02-2007, 05:22 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

I can just see my wife coming into the garage and see me eating wings, drinking beer and talking to the bike. This will have removed anydoubt she had left as to my sanity.....

ORIGINAL: SteelCityScooter

Not to worry....easy fix.

With bike securely located in your garage:
You will need.

2, 5 gallon buckets
1, 12 pack of your favorite beer
2 dozen wings, in your favorite flavor

Set 1 bucket two feet from motorcycle upside down, set second bucket right side up,filled with ice and beers, 1 foot from first. Set wings 1 foot from the other side of first bucket.
Once everything is setup, park your *** on the top of the upside down bucket and proceed to consume beer and wings while explaining to your motorcylce that the cover with the rice emblem is actually a good thing.
Explain your love and devotionto your motorcycle, an how hard it would be to get the old lady to sit on it all night while you slept soundly in the motel/hotel, and provide the same security from theft as a rice emblem.
You can also streess the point that the old lady option also comes with the motorcycle having to put up with all her nagging while you sleep.

Old 01-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Max96
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Dowco Guardian. VERY good. Very waterproof, can put on bike while hot, etc. Good stuff if you sometimes have to park outdoors like me.

Quick Reply: Your motorcycle cover? How is it?