Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring Luggage for Lady with Streetglide

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 12:27 PM
windix60
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deep Purple Chopped tourpak

We just bought the same bike that you have the Deep Purple with the Yellow flame for my wife. We ordered the detachable Chopped Tour pack color matched in deep purple. It will not have the flames on it but thats ok. That might be a option for you. It is small enough so the bike is not top heavy like a Ultra and the tourpak is lockable as well.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Biker's Friend
Former Sponsor

Check out the Biker's Friend Bag. Back support and storage all in one.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:29 PM
TURQ
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I am in favor of packing light. My wife and I can pack for 6 days with HD's Overnight bag and bag liners. Using "technical shirts and underwear" you can pack a lot in a very small place. Tools, rain suits and everything WE need included. We will have to wash jeans but that is no big deal. After over 20 tears of touring we realized that you take WAY more than you need. In our early days the "T-BAG" always exceeded the rack limit by a bunch Have fun on your trip...cool bike.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:43 PM
KutenFLHX
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have a T-Bag with wheels that goes over my detachable sissy bar that I love. It has plenty of room to pack everything I need for a long ride. Plus, with the wheels and handle, it is easy to move once off the bike.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:07 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One thing about the Kuryakyn bag that I mentioned in my post is that it will collapse to a smaller size if you don't need the extra space.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:11 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,141 Likes on 12,207 Posts

Originally Posted by Purple_Daze
I heard the tour pak can make everything quite heavy, which is what I am trying to avoid, at least for now. until I get used to the bike, particularly backing up.....also, the paint I have is a custom paint, purple and.... sadly, HD can't provide a matched tour pack. Maybe, later in years to come, I'll have one custom painted to match, but for now...I think a tour bag is all I want....(baby steps)
It's not so much the tourpack that's heavy, as the stuff that gets put in it (or on it). Also, remember that a solid mount is easier on the rider than something slipping around like some soft bags will do. I get the color match thing, but in the long run, if you are serious about touring and want to bring along a passenger, a tourpack is really your only choice. You can get a detachable version to keep things light on the short runs. Considering the amount of money you have tied up in your rides, I think it fits your finances. Imo, it's the best option. And if it's detachable, the matching paint can happen later. Just go black for now.

In the meantime, I would keep it simple - and low. Ortlieb makes a variety of waterproof bags that you can cargo net and strap to your passenger seat. They work very well.

Besides, you look pretty little. You can probably pack a month's worth of clothes in one saddlebag like Cheryl (my riding partner) can.

You should list your location. I see you refer to distance in "km".

Last edited by nevada72; 04-28-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:13 PM
Purple_Daze
Cruiser

Originally Posted by windix60
We just bought the same bike that you have the Deep Purple with the Yellow flame for my wife. We ordered the detachable Chopped Tour pack color matched in deep purple. It will not have the flames on it but thats ok. That might be a option for you. It is small enough so the bike is not top heavy like a Ultra and the tourpak is lockable as well.
They told me that the colour was not available? I'll have to check with them.

oh well.

I'll check with the dealer. Thanks for the info. Appreciate it

Old 04-29-2012, 09:26 AM
crfranklin65
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used a tall bag one time. In the high cross winds we can encounter here it pushed me around quite a bit and I never used it again. Now I use the Biker's friend bag mounted on my luggage rack and I have a Universal Helmet Bag by T-bags purchased from http://motorcycle-luggage.com/ that I mount on passenger back rest that sits on passenger seat. The Biker's Friend bag has a bag rest pad, however, with my reduced reach seat it is too far back to use as a back rest on my Street Glide so I leave off the back rest pad. This bag is water proof and is a good bag to put cold drinks in also as it is well insulated. The Universal Helmet bag is large enough to put a full face helmet in and has adjustable cover which slides over my passenger backrest with two adjustable straps to easily tie it down. It has a small pouch containing rain cover when needed. Both bags go on and off easily and I can carry them into the hotel. I pack make up and clothes in mine so I do not care to have a tour pak I can't bring inside or the cost of one. I like being able to bring my bags inside. Both bags have held up well and show no damage after many years of traveling.

Last edited by crfranklin65; 04-29-2012 at 09:30 AM. Reason: left out word