Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring Luggage for Lady with Streetglide

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 06:20 PM
kdodd
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like she is not quite and experienced rider as some of us, I think some of these bags would be very top heavy for her until she gets some road time in. I would go with a smaller one until then. Just a thought.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:27 PM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 583 Likes on 219 Posts

Maybe try a dry run packing your saddlebags. I bought the removable liners mentioned earlier and I can pack a weeks worth of work and casual clothes just using the left and right saddlebags with a laptop, rain gear and shave kit squeezed in and around any place I could get them.

I did buy the new luggage (no wheels) that you mentioned but I have not taken a trip with it yet.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:32 PM
kdodd
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I mean experience on that bike, sorry.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Junior in NE
Road Master
Received 700 Likes on 209 Posts

I think that I would stay away from the large bags. Go with a medium sized one, you wont even notice it's back there. Between that and the saddle bags you should have enough room for a week. I use the Kuryakyn ultra tour bag, plenty of room, works great.

Touring Luggage for Lady with Streetglide-4148-4.jpg

Old 04-26-2012, 08:59 PM
killerk95
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the T Bags Route 66 bag which has the wheels and the hidden handle. Very nice bag, very durable, and lifetime warranty I think. T Bags makes the best quality bags imo, but check them out for yourself. They have many different sizes and shapes etc..... I sure wouldn't trade mine.....Have fun out there and be careful!! P.S. Kuryakyn also makes some really nice bags.......

Old 04-26-2012, 10:08 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have had the Universal Roller Bag 98944-04 for almost 10 years and would highly recommend it but it appears that HD doesn’t sell them anymore. For some reason they still have the instruction sheet online so you can see the detail.

I would think Harley or T-bags has something similar. What ever you get I highly recommend wheels and a day bag.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:07 AM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,341 Likes on 1,871 Posts

Foe a SG, I would recommend docking kits and a solo style large detachable luggage rack as a base for whatever type of luggage you want.

My wife has this set-up on her '08 Heritage and she has the leather tour pack (w/studs) that matches her saddle backs but you could and bag that you like. I've seen the bag with the wheels on some tour pack racks and looks handy.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:17 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the HD one that is listed as multi-fit. It has a large bag and a smaller cylinder shaped day bag. It is made to fit over your sissy bar and has a few different "sleeves" on it to accomodate different sized sissy bar pads. The smaller bag attaches to the bigger one. I used it to pack for a 10 day trip to Colorado on my Crossbones with no saddle bags. I had enough room, if I would have had the Road Glide, or even saddle bags, I would have been WAY good....plus with the larger bag sitting on the p-pad, I was able to lean back on it.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:01 AM
Manninagh
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I have bags from several places, and I have found that I don't like the enormous bags up top. The saddlebag liners (of whatever brand) do make life easier, and T-bags are the brand I would go back to: their systems for securing bag to bike seem more flexible and durable than others, IMO.

For long trips on my Street Glide, I have a backpack that fits to the sissy bar and sits on the pillion, providing a backrest and a duffel-type bag on the detachable rack. With the saddlebags, this setup gives plenty of room even if I'm carrying camping gear, without ever feeling topheavy.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:41 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 329 Likes on 224 Posts

I just bought one from Jafrum has the big bag(which is huge) I have everything but the kitchen sink,seriously I have two weeks worth of stuff in it even ditty bag and it comes with roll that I have put rain gear masks and gloves in that goes on top. I put the bag behind me on the back of the seat and use it for a backrest on my UC but it is actually made to go on a sissy bar. Check out jafrum.com

Quick Reply: Touring Luggage for Lady with Streetglide