Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I give, sert or pc111

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 07:49 PM
dgriffith
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I give, sert or pc111

I posted many times, that my bike runs great, after they got all the problems fixed from the factory. with only a stage 1 and many downloads to get it right. Now the question is what will I gain by installing one of them?? I have no rideability problems and it dont run hot. Listening to all the comments about the pc111 or sert, I just had to ask.Bear with me people, it,s teaching an old dog new tricks. thanks

Old 01-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Longtimegone
Road Captain
Default RE: I give, sert or pc111

If you are happy with how your bike runs, don't do anything. Chances are that the downloads are still progrmming the ECM to run the bike lean.

Old 01-01-2007, 08:06 PM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

Ok, what will I gain, More torque/hp?

Old 01-01-2007, 08:37 PM
MiniMe
Road Master

I guess that depends on the tuner. Some will put some good time in a bike to get it right. Others will settle for "ok.... it runs ok". Like someone else said, chances are you are still running lean, I would say that is most likely.Although I think it is bad to run these bikes this lean theMoCo will tell they are designedto run this lean.

I plan on keeping my bike for a long time so I would prefer to run it with the correctmixture so I went with a SERT. Engine reliability andengine life is whats most important to me. You will have decide for your self.

Old 01-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 323 Likes on 199 Posts

Chances are you might gain a little hp/tq with either option. A PCIII is a good option if you can get one preset with your combination from a place like Fuelmoto. This will save you money. If your combination is out of the range of MAPS Fuelmoto offers, then you are going to have to find someone to create a custom MAP. Whatever device you go with, you need to make sure you can find a competent tuner. If the only tuners in your area are experts in SERT, then there is no need to go with a PCIII, or vice versa.

You should probably throw it on a dyno and see what is going on with the present set-up. Make sure you get the AFR trace to tell if it is lean. Gotta have a baseline.

Old 01-01-2007, 09:54 PM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

I never thought of having a baseline afr ran on it. I,ll get that done next month when I get back from Huntsville, Al. My local dealer has a pretty good reputation for dino work. and all the mechanics have pretty hot bikes. so that should help. Thanks again for the info.