Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any info or reviews on HogTunes Audio?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 07:01 AM
jay87LX
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any info or reviews on HogTunes Audio?

I am looking to upgrade my audio with an amp and speakers. I prefer to buy a complete kit and am wondering if anyone has experience with the Hogtunes products. They have a complete set up for my Ultra that includes amp, front and rear speakers and a wiring kit. Any Info or experience?

Old 04-26-2012, 07:16 AM
Tirpitz
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had the Hogtunes for over two years and the sound is excellent, I have heard musical notes on songs I didn't ever know they were there. And since I listen to old songs of the 50"s and 60"s it not like I have not heard the songs before. I think it is a good system for the money and I have over 50,000 miles on my bike (2008 Ultra Classic) and the Hogtunes have been on the bike for at least 25,000 miles with no problems. Hope this helps.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:20 AM
CGLTD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 204 Posts

There are tons of threads on that here. I have been using Hogtunes speakers with speaker pod and their kit to use aftermarket radios for the past 6 years. I am using an apline radio. The kit lets you keep the use of all hand controls and automatic sound change with speed. I forgot what it's called. There are lots of different speakers and options and even more opinions. I have been happy with my choice.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:06 AM
mtnbkr53
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2011 Road Glide Ultra and have installed the Big RGU kit from Hog Tunes. 160 watt amp with front and rear speakers. It will blast so loud it hurts your ears! At any speed the music is easily heard. I am very pleased with their setup!

Old 04-26-2012, 08:37 AM
shredsurf
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great Customer Service...terrible R&D.

They told me they're speakers would fit the new HD saddlebag speaker lids and they didn't...the hole pattern doesn't line up.

They also told me their amp would sit on top of the RoadGlide radio within the fairing...it didn't....too wide.

I returned everything and was reimbursed 100%.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:42 AM
easycruzer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was disappointed - Speakers made in China and bad experience with the amp. However they returned all my money when I squawked.

Went with Biketronics instead. Been very pleased.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:50 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

It's just OK. You can do better than Hogtunes. It was my 1st upgrade, and I'll never have it again. Loud is 1 thing, and quality loud is something else. Lots of better stuff out there.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:53 AM
CGLTD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 278 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by christophgage
There are tons of threads on that here. I have been using Hogtunes speakers with speaker pod and their kit to use aftermarket radios for the past 6 years. I am using an apline radio. The kit lets you keep the use of all hand controls and automatic sound change with speed. I forgot what it's called. There are lots of different speakers and options and even more opinions. I have been happy with my choice.
I forgot to mention all my stuff was bought through biketronics except for the speaker pod. This was before they had their own speakers.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:56 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by shredsurf
Great Customer Service...terrible R&D.

They told me they're speakers would fit the new HD saddlebag speaker lids and they didn't...the hole pattern doesn't line up.

They also told me their amp would sit on top of the RoadGlide radio within the fairing...it didn't....too wide.

I returned everything and was reimbursed 100%.
Focal makes a 5x7 speaker that will fit. You have to cut off 2 of the tabs, but the other 4 will line up. Also the pbr amp will fit on top of radio

Old 04-26-2012, 10:22 AM
X Iron Butt
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I put my Big Ultra kit together 1 piece at a time as I could come up with the cash. Very happy with the system and the cost. It is a huge improvement over stock. Not sure how to do it but be sure and get the Amp that has the green LED power light (might need to call them). That is the latest release and works the best on HD bikes. Some people had problems in the past with low voltage on start up not kicking in the amp or one set of speakers. HT will fix it but you have to send it back to Canada on your dime and wait or pay a deposit on a new unit until the old unit gets back to them making it two installs. Speakers have a lifetime warranty. Very easy plug and play install. I don't hear my no amp buddy's music at stop lights anymore. Be wary of e bay as HT did not require returns on warranty claims for years and a lot of this stuff is sold there. New model revisions of speakers and amps were introduced late 2011.

Quick Reply: Any info or reviews on HogTunes Audio?