Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any info or reviews on HogTunes Audio?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 05:38 PM
MichiganDave
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I also have had the hogtunes system in my bike since early 2009 and I am quite pleased with the entire system. When I purchased my system it was the three for the freeway system and consisted of fairing/tour pack speakers, fairing lowers, the amp and I also added the tweeter pods. It was a simple install and easy to hear even at freeway speeds of 70+mph. I am going to their new 4 channel amp soon and I am confident that I will enjoy this system even more.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:09 PM
Ride Ultra
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jay-s
I am looking to upgrade my audio with an amp and speakers. I prefer to buy a complete kit and am wondering if anyone has experience with the Hogtunes products. They have a complete set up for my Ultra that includes amp, front and rear speakers and a wiring kit. Any Info or experience?

I have the HTs all the way around with the stock radio and have no problems at highway speeds. Might toss an amp at the front if they ever come down to a reasonable price. However, not looking to be blasted, would rather hear the pipes. For now, the simple speaker upgrade is fine and made all the difference in the world.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:58 PM
stevevfd
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ride Ultra
I have the HTs all the way around with the stock radio and have no problems at highway speeds. Might toss an amp at the front if they ever come down to a reasonable price. However, not looking to be blasted, would rather hear the pipes. For now, the simple speaker upgrade is fine and made all the difference in the world.
I got the NCA 70.2 amp from Eastern Performance for $229 shipped. I don't think that's too bad. It made a huge difference though and took me like a half hour to install. Very straight forward.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:54 AM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to echo a lot of what has been said here. One, the customer service is great, two, it is a good 1st up-grade. For me I bought a big ultra kit and lower fairing speakers with the tweeter pod. THe connector in side the amp was somehow loose and I needed wrap it with a plastic pulley, the tweeter pod snapped off on the highway after hitting an over ramp pass a little to hard, maybe it was too tight, but I followed the instructions which said tighten no more than little more than hand tight. Now as far as sound, there was some distortion at high levles, that will happen just cuase of the size of the speakers, yes it was loud but I had so many issues with the amp and tweeter, I am going with something else. I feel like HOG tunes is a good company, beucase of their customer service, but in total. it might sound good, not great and the quality was not up to standard. I am looking towards J&M or Hawg Wired.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Born2cure
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started with their single amp running the front speakers and radio running rear. Then tweeter pod sound was excellent. Then the big ultra came along. Had that setup sound even better. Then set up to use older amp so two amps running 6 speakers and tweeter pod. Now I have 7inch woofers in lowers being run by new 75x2 amp and the 4way running front and back. The sound is sweet. Clear and loud. Well worth money I keep upgrading as the system gets better. You want kick *** get the whole setup but it is a few dollars.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:04 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by timmy b
now as far as sound, there was some distortion at high levles, that will happen just cuase of the size of the speakers, ......... .
huh ??

Old 05-02-2012, 05:50 AM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GLACIERPEARL
huh ??

Small speakers, just cant give you the bass sound that a 10-or 15 inch woofer can give,so when you crank them they will distort, at least that is just my opinion, I am no audio guy but that is what I've been told, I all actullity I have no real idea. it hust seems to be logical, small speaker small sound.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:01 AM
RBWIDE
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Timmy B
Small speakers, just cant give you the bass sound that a 10-or 15 inch woofer can give,so when you crank them they will distort, at least that is just my opinion, I am no audio guy but that is what I've been told, I all actullity I have no real idea. it hust seems to be logical, small speaker small sound.
WHAT??? So you're saying that small, thimble sized collapsible speaker I just bought off TV ISN'T going to give me the 'concert hall sound' they promised??? Sheesh....

Old 05-02-2012, 04:44 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Timmy B
You were lied to ! My 4 ....6 X 9's make PLENTY of bass. Good luck !!

Old 05-02-2012, 09:52 PM
geopac
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any suggestions as to where to get the best price on Hogtunes setup. Amp and front speakers on a streetglide.

Quick Reply: Any info or reviews on HogTunes Audio?