Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any info or reviews on HogTunes Audio?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 10:39 AM
bikertrashchad
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going with a complete kit from Bagger Nation here for my 11 Street Glide. All components are Rockford Fosgate and I have had nothing but good experiences with their products.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:49 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bikertrashchad
Going with a complete kit from Bagger Nation here for my 11 Street Glide. All components are Rockford Fosgate and I have had nothing but good experiences with their products.
That is a good kit, but you can save a good chunk of change piecing it together separately. At least 30% cheaper

Old 04-26-2012, 06:38 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been a happy customer of HogTunes since 2009. The sound is much better than the stock system, but there are other systems generally on the high end with a higher price that probably sound better.
Having said that my hearing is shot so high end is out fo the Q for me.
Hogtunes stands behind their warranty and have always been very responsive to my queries and the need to replace 2 of their older model speakers.

I run their 40.2 amp with the lowers and tweeter-pod and the system has plenty of sound for my liking overall.
Well priced, top warranty and technical service can't be beaten especially living overseas.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:37 PM
jay87LX
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last edited by jay87LX; 04-26-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:13 PM
jcain
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just last week replaced all four of my factory speakers with the Hogtunes direct replacements. As I have a CVO I already have an amp so no amp upgrade (at this point) needed. I've had J&M's in the past on my Road Glide. They were loud but crappy loud. My buddy has the Boom audio setup on his Street Glide. Not a bad upgrade from stock but I wasn't impressed. It needs and amp to wake them up I think.

I am very happy with the Hogtunes sound quality at slow speed as well as highway. Very clear sound and in the range that you can hear. Much louder than the stock units at all levels. I may get the tweeter pod once I save a couple bucks up.

There is a lot of opinion on the variety available out there. Just remember almost all of the systems sound great sitting still but really come apart sonically once your moving down the road.

Good luck with your search and decision.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:01 PM
texasbub
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got the two speaker set up with tweeter pod from Hogtunes on a SG. Much better than stock. Added the new 140 watt 2 channel amp (70 per channel) last week. Easy install and am pleased with the sound. No problems hearing music at 70+ with a full face helmet.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:54 AM
Sparky73
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed the new Hogtunes 70.2 amp and speaker set. It was considerably louder than stock but I wasn't impressed with the sound quality. Honestly, I'd give away my Hogtunes speakers for $15 shipped because I think they sound worse than stock (acoustic quality, not loudness).

After listening to a buddy's Boom system, I pulled the Hogtunes speakers and now run the Hogtunes 70.2 amp with Boom speakers. This system sounds great, speakers look great, and it's plenty loud at 70-80mph.

One word of caution, the 70.2 amp interferes with the HD Boom hidden antenna (if installed in the batwing). There is allegedly a fix coming and Hogtunes promises to mail a new amp out free of charge once they work the fix.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:38 PM
SoCalStreetGlide10
Stage III
Default Hogtunes amp and tweeter pod

Installed a HogTunes 140W amp and tweeter pod on my 2010 StreetGlide. Already had upgraded speakers. The added power and higher frequency from the tweeter pods really helped with hearing at highway speeds.
One issue I've had is that the HogTunes amp interferes with my hidden antennae inside the fairing. They said they are working on the issue though.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:39 PM
EasyriderFI
Tourer
Default the truth

Originally Posted by jay-s
I am looking to upgrade my audio with an amp and speakers. I prefer to buy a complete kit and am wondering if anyone has experience with the Hogtunes products. They have a complete set up for my Ultra that includes amp, front and rear speakers and a wiring kit. Any Info or experience?
I have a 06 FLHX, stock radio but hog tune speakers. I am on my 2nd set of speakers and those are now blown. Hog tunes come with a life time warranty but i cant understand why I cant get a good pair of speakers. I am thinking about taking out the Harley stuff and go after market.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:57 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by EasyriderFI
I have a 06 FLHX, stock radio but hog tune speakers. I am on my 2nd set of speakers and those are now blown. Hog tunes come with a life time warranty but i cant understand why I cant get a good pair of speakers. I am thinking about taking out the Harley stuff and go after market.
What do you have the bass set at? Do you ride at Max volume?

Carl

Quick Reply: Any info or reviews on HogTunes Audio?