Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the best air suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 06:48 PM
BamaBoyjc
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the info but I made my decision. I spoke to JD and he is starting production again on the Bagger Shotgun Shock after doing some redesigning and fine tuning so I'm going with him. You all can say what you want but in the Softail section all who have Shotgun shock says it's the best through the whole spectrum and is a superior improvement over stock...guys with Ohlins and Progressives switched to Shotgun b/c it was better. Feel free to say what you will but I'm gonna try them out. If it comes back to bite me and be money wasted then I guess it's a hard/expensive lesson learned but I don't think I will be disappointed. I'll let you know how they turn out when I get them. He said it should be about 2-3 months before they have them ready to buy so that'll give me the time to save up the funds. Thanks to all who responded and you might get to tell me "I told you so" someday but I'm too much like my dad....hard-headed and stubborn as hell. HAHA

Old 05-17-2012, 08:07 PM
wormie
Novice
Default shotgun ride

Hey was wondering if you ever got that Shotgun air ride . I'm sorry I just joined and was trying to find some info on quality air rides , so would like hear your opinion on the Shotgun .
Originally Posted by BamaBoyjc
Thanks for all the info but I made my decision. I spoke to JD and he is starting production again on the Bagger Shotgun Shock after doing some redesigning and fine tuning so I'm going with him. You all can say what you want but in the Softail section all who have Shotgun shock says it's the best through the whole spectrum and is a superior improvement over stock...guys with Ohlins and Progressives switched to Shotgun b/c it was better. Feel free to say what you will but I'm gonna try them out. If it comes back to bite me and be money wasted then I guess it's a hard/expensive lesson learned but I don't think I will be disappointed. I'll let you know how they turn out when I get them. He said it should be about 2-3 months before they have them ready to buy so that'll give me the time to save up the funds. Thanks to all who responded and you might get to tell me "I told you so" someday but I'm too much like my dad....hard-headed and stubborn as hell. HAHA

Old 05-17-2012, 08:34 PM
joflewbyu2
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FLHP / FLHTP Air Ride Police Seat will solve your issues !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-18-2012, 04:32 AM
x1rider
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been running the Arnott with Aldan system for 3 years. I like it a lot, easily adjustable for ride height with the onboard compressor and they have dampening adjustments on the shocks that are easily accessible and require no tools.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:16 AM
131tman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The best air suspension = NO AIR SUSPENSION!

The following users liked this post:
hbsoldier3 (05-20-2018)
Old 03-30-2015, 06:21 PM
seregus
4th Gear

Hi,

I'm also considering switching to Air Suspension... could you please give some feedback on your installation?

Also as my 2 cents - have found Custom Cycle SAS-00 Simplified Air Suspension - which is designed for Softail and has an air compressor build in! Which makes me think its going to kind of sort out leaking problem and also makes it solid and easy installation!

Old 03-30-2015, 06:55 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by seregus
Hi,

I'm also considering switching to Air Suspension... could you please give some feedback on your installation?

Also as my 2 cents - have found Custom Cycle SAS-00 Simplified Air Suspension - which is designed for Softail and has an air compressor build in! Which makes me think its going to kind of sort out leaking problem and also makes it solid and easy installation!
Installing SHOTGUN SHOCK on my '14 Roadie this weekend. Had 2 other SS on my softtails and you cant beat them. The quality and finish of his products really speak for themselves. JD's Customer service, is second to none, and its not even close. Never had one problem with either of my past Shotguns. Ive also had Arnotts and Legends and I always keep coming back to SS.

The ride, the functionality is TOP NOTCH, and so easy to operate, even while running down the road. Once you find the sweet spot, its really easy to get back to.

Old 03-31-2015, 06:43 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

I've owned several different air shocks and the best riding set were Corvette air shocks...works awesome.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:09 AM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Whatever happened to the op? I dont see how a softail and a touring suspension can even be talked about in the same sentence. Had both and softails are harsh period! They tried to resemble a hardtail.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:13 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by bagman1
Had both and softails are harsh period! They tried to resemble a hardtail.....
......and almost succeeded! Once ridden never......

Quick Reply: What's the best air suspension