Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 02:42 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare

Have fun and enjoy your new bike... I rode a Yamaha V-Star 1100 and logged 31,000 miles on it in 14 months. It ran great and was alot of fun. Now the wife's riding itsinceI got my Electra Glide. The fit and finish on Harley's is top-notchI must say, but nothing wrong with the Jap bikes, they do run smooth and powerful and are very reliable!

The Jap bikes arejust not quite as refined in fit/finish when you study them closely... this is where you save alot of the moneyon sticker price I think.

Old 01-02-2007, 02:43 AM
scarygt
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: iclick

My next was a '96 RK, and in 8.5 years I logged 106k miles. I wanted to ride this bike even more, and my relationship with it transcended human and mechanical barriers. ."
Here we go..... another HD rider having sex with their Iron Horse! Someone please help us! LOL

Old 01-02-2007, 03:08 AM
smknflms
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

...never seen anyone try to make their Harley look like a metric..
Later

Old 01-02-2007, 04:59 AM
hotpursuit
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: StreetGlide2006

ORIGINAL: wnogood

My motorcycle history.....

I wanted a Harley.....I bought a metric

I wanted a Harley.....I bought a bigger metric

I wanted a Harley.....I bought a metric that looked and sounded like a Harley

I wanted a Harley.....I finally bought a Harley

No matter what the metric dealer tells you there really is no substitute for the genuine article.....

nogood o~`o
Well said! & ditto!

yeap.. well said...had jap cruisers, sport bikes tour bikes... owning a Harley makes me regret the missed years on a harley... but in the end 2 wheels is what it really comes down to....

i was talking to a guy one day who said he was saving for a Harely... he never owned a street bike before... i suggested buy a vulcan or such untill he could buy his harley... he said no way never... well its been 8 years and he doest ride ANYTHING... now thats just a stoopid a$$ when the time is right and you buy a Harley you will be very happy...untill then enjoy what ya got

Old 01-02-2007, 05:42 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Give us an updated review in 12 months. I'll bet that once the novelty wears off, you will no longer feel that it "freakin' rocks" and will wish that you had bought that Harley you were saving for.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:08 AM
Yoman
Tourer

Owned a lot of other brands of motorcycles. Up until 5 years ago I never even thought about owning a Harley. Then one day I started looking at them, but the price kept me away. Ended up getting a good bike Honda VTX 1800. Bike was a brute, fast, comfortable. But way back in my mind I still thinking Harley..... Then one day I rented a new Ultra......that was all it took. Best bike I have ever owned or rode. I never not have a Harley. Good luck with that bike...I'm sure you'll love it....but you'll be back.

Yoman

Old 01-02-2007, 08:06 AM
crash1292
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats on your new jap crap...that hocker on your seat is from me

Old 01-02-2007, 08:41 AM
Madav8tr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Way to go guys!! Before, when this thread first started, I'm betting he would have stopped to help a Harley owner who was broken down along side the road, NOW, all he'll do is #1 honk, #2 wave, #3 smile, #4 ride of into the sunset doing 1through 3, LOL
Go over to a Metric forum and post the reverse of this topic. Tell them you were looking at a metric but decided on a Harley. See if the response is different. I guarantee you it will be worse than here. Most Metric forum users view Harley riders as nothing more than posers that can't ride or simply guys that chose a Harley as a fashion statement. Nothing you tell tham will change their view and the ones that eventually move to a Harley simply never go back to the forums because of the childishness. These responses have been kind to say the least. As for spitting on someone's bike, that's the most retarded thing I have seen posted on here. I have a couple of metric motorcycles and an italian made bike and if I ever saw someone spit on it, they better hope they can defend themselves well because an *** kicking is in order.

Old 01-02-2007, 10:11 AM
Stinx
Intermediate

Skater,
nice bike best of luck with your new ride.

Old 01-02-2007, 10:24 AM
ndotken
Road Captain

First bike was a Honda. It was a nice bike and I enjoyed riding it, but it wasn't a Harley. And no matter how much $$$ I spent fixing it up, it still didn't feel right. Then I finally decided to buy an HD and I've never regretted it for a minute.

I'm sure the Yamaha is a nice bike also, but it's not a Harley. As they say, "If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand."

Quick Reply: Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare