Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 10:39 PM
wood butcher
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nomads look stupid and cheap.............Die thread, Die

Old 12-17-2008, 11:35 PM
IdaSpudSG
Outstanding HDF Member

Once again, you may look a little like Elvis. Hell you might even sound a little like Elvis but everybody knows you ain't Elvis. Harley rules............

Old 12-18-2008, 06:57 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Elvis has left the building.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:11 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I really liked my 86 Aspencade. I rode it for quite a few years after I sold my last sportster. Was fairly dependable (had to put some money into because of it's age) but I enjoyed the bike a lot. You could ride it all day, carry 12 packs of pepsi, etc, with decent mpg.
You could tell it was an older wing when you were riding it though. Had quite a few miles on it when I got it, so it didn't have that nice new wing ride. But it still wasn't bad.
And like you have read me post elsewhere, I just got tired of sitting behind that fairing while riding half a ton around. Just something about it didn't sit right with me. I missed the wind

Old 12-18-2008, 09:55 AM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is an old thread but my take is ride whatever is comfortable for you and your riding style.

If you're on 2 wheels it's all good.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is an old thread but my take is ride whatever is comfortable for you and your riding style.

If you're on 2 wheels it's all good.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:39 PM
jimmy z
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Bought a Vulcan 1500 classic,loved it,sold it.Bought a HD RKC, still loving it.You got a nice bike.Best of luck with it.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Dark1
Intermediate

Sorry for my European thinking but I do not understand why are you all keep talking to jap lover who has not shown up for 5 month and still do not answer to so many HD topics

Old 12-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 663 Likes on 413 Posts

Originally Posted by Ozoneman
Harley's make lions roar, metrics don't!

We have a lion rescue place west of us which allows the public to visit. They have about 190 lions and tigers there. When riders visit the place and arrive on Harleys the lions start to roar. The people at the place say that metrics don't get them roaring. When we visited last time the keepers asked us to start up our Harleys to get the lions to roar for the other people visiting. And they did!

So I guess lions know what is cool!
You should hear me roar when this sombitch with straight pipes rides past my house at 3 in the morning and wakes me. Dude must work nights or drink late. I'm going to confront him one day. And I really don't care if he's riding a Harley.

Last edited by Geoff; 12-18-2008 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: rdam

The Nomad is a nice ride. But until you own a Harley, you really won't know what you're missing. It's not for everyone. Among the many reasons I bought one is American pride. It is truly an American Icon....Sitting in my garage. That matters to me. It's what almost ALL kids picture in their minds eye when they think "motorcycle". It's what many of us have dreamt of owning since we were kids. It's like a 60's or 70's muscle car. Not perfect, but uniquely American, and no Japanese knockoff can compare. Truthfully, the Nomad is probably better engineered, faster, smoother and less expensive to maintain.But that's not why we owned muscle cars...or Harley's.

"If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand", is a H-D catchphrase that I "didn't understand" until afterI purchased. You are welcome to ride with me anytime, as I enjoy riding...period. But until you own and ride a Harley, you won't really understand.

Great answer rdam but I'm not always so politically correct.

If its not a Harley, its not in my garage.

Quick Reply: Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare