Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 08:33 PM
Vegas FLTRI
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare

ORIGINAL: wnogood

My motorcycle history.....

I wanted a Harley.....I bought a metric

I wanted a Harley.....I bought a bigger metric

I wanted a Harley.....I bought a metric that looked and sounded like a Harley

I wanted a Harley.....I finally bought a Harley

No matter what the metric dealer tells you there really is no substitute for the genuine article.....

nogood o~`o
Exactly! 30+ yrs. on a two wheeler and only the the last third on HD,won't ever go back. When I got my first HD I felt like I finally made it. nicebike enjoy and be safe . when you wear it out get the HD it will last forever, you don't see many older metrics on the road.

Old 01-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Longtimegone
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread is kind offunny. I saw it earlierwhen it was young and hadno replies. I read it quickly and thought about replying. Then I decided it wasn't worth a response. Now the thread has 3 pages of BS. Remarkable!

He bought a Kawasaki ... so what?I don't know why heis posting it here. Ride fre, bro ... ride safe....

Old 01-01-2007, 08:43 PM
PSO169
Road Master

Skater69,
I had to sell my 2002 FF Road King. I would have killed to have that Nomad for the two years I was without a bike. I think that Black and Silver Nomad looks great. I looked at other brands, I knew that I wanted a an Ultra Classic and finally bought it this past summer. I have lots of friends that I ride with that have other bikes. We all cant afford Harleys, I work a lot of off-duty to have mine, but to me its worth it. Enjoy your ride, after all your still in the wind.
Jeff

Old 01-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Bagger Bob
Tourer

Good luck with the new bike. I bet the guys on theKawa forum will be impressed.

Old 01-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Canedog
Cruiser

My last bike was a Honda Goldwing I put 25,000 miles on her and never laid a tool on her except to change the oil. I road cross country and had a blast. Out on the highway the goldwing was great but around town it was to top heavy. It would wear you down to ride it 125 miles if any of it was in traffic, and I am a big guy. A trip of 5-6 hundred miles in a day the wing was perfect. I went to a Street Glide and the lower center of gravity feels so much better. Around town I don't get wore down as bad and the longer trip are as good as well. As long as you are riding every thing is good.

The main thing is the service the bike returns to you. My buddy has a Nomad like I posted before and it has been a nightmare. I had an 2001 Black Indian Chief, folks would step over 100 Harleys to see my bike, but 3 weeks out of 4 it was either in the shop or in my carport broke down. You got to ride what will keep you in the road. Once it breaks and you are on the side of the road, and they all do (including Harley's) its all about the service. How you are treated by the dealer. And If the bike breakes over and over. Then its time to look at something else. Thats my 2 cents worth.
dog

Old 01-01-2007, 08:50 PM
grooveman
Road Captain

Exactly! 30+ yrs. on a two wheeler and only the the last third on HD,won't ever go back. When I got my first HD I felt like I finally made it. nicebike enjoy and be safe . when you wear it out get the HD it will last forever, you don't see many older metrics on the road.
I have to agree with Vegas. When I finally got my Ultra last month I felt like I had really accomplished something. I have wanted one for years and when I finally reached a point in my life where I could afford a nice bike I knew exactly what I wanted and never would have considered anything else. I will always ride Harleys, I dont care aboutupfront cost or how much the accessories cost. It's part of a brotherhood, culture and certain lifestyle that cannot be duplicated with anything else.

Old 01-01-2007, 08:59 PM
FoxRM250
Cruiser

LOL....Richard, you know what I mean. As long as asomeone is riding and having a good time,they will always be welcome around me no matter what they are riding. After all, thats what its all about. The brotherhood...fellowship and just having a great time. Thereare that certain few though who just don't accept that and its sad. But then again, there are alot of them who trailer their bikes as much or more than they ride them!! The last ralley I went to at Myrtle Beach, I thoughtI was at a trailer ralley! Ride those things...a little rain or cool weather won't hurt it.

Old 01-01-2007, 09:00 PM
StreetGlide2006
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: wnogood

My motorcycle history.....

I wanted a Harley.....I bought a metric

I wanted a Harley.....I bought a bigger metric

I wanted a Harley.....I bought a metric that looked and sounded like a Harley

I wanted a Harley.....I finally bought a Harley

No matter what the metric dealer tells you there really is no substitute for the genuine article.....

nogood o~`o
Well said! & ditto!

Old 01-01-2007, 09:03 PM
springerGT
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Enjoy the bike. The road doesn't know a Harley from a Zundap.

GT

Old 01-01-2007, 09:14 PM
wnogood
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only reason I looked twice was the paint scheme. The black and silver really complements the lines of the nomad. I know some guys that swear by the nomads, and to my surprise, they aint no garage queens like some of these Harleys. I think you got the message that in case you haven't noticed, you did not buy a Harley. The guys I know that ride nomads have 50-70,000 miles on them, pretty much problem free. All I ever hear from them is "It's time for brake pads again".

The upside....you can still ride while you are saving for your ultimate goal.......A HARLEY!

nogood o~`o

Quick Reply: Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare