Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 09:30 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Evinrude, now there's a guy who must be about my age...

Old 12-14-2008, 10:51 PM
socalmoe
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same BS

Your words are the same as all other who only wish they rode an HD, your metric is in no way superior to an HD bike. Take a close look at the quality of the harware and the craftmanship that goes in to you metric, not even close to that of an HD. I own both so I can see the difference. Chrome plated plastic is not the same as chrome metal.
If all you can afoord is a $10k bike, good for you; some of us dont bat an eye at dropping 20k for a bike and another few $$$$ to add our personal touch.

Dont let your chuckling be drowned out by the sound of your blender on two weels!

Originally Posted by voyagerkbc
I have to chuckle at all you hard core HD supporters. Those that think we metric riders are just waiting in the wings until we can afford a HD make me laugh. What an arrogant point of view. From a mechanical point of view, the engineering in a metric bike is far and away more technical than the HD. Do you have to wonder why the big 3 auto makers sell the same number of cars as Toyota or Honda but still are billions in debt? HD is no different, they make a sub standard product and overcharge it to all those that cling to the culture of HD. I remember the days when the saying went " sure you can buy a harley son, but do you own a pick up to haul it with as well?" HD sure has all you die hards by the short and curlys, you all remind me of the crowd in front of the snake oil salesmen thinking their getting a great product and will pay anything to own it. Well, when I pass you on the highway in my Nomad knowing I spent half as much and got twice the machine, don't worry, I'll still wave.

voyager
'07 Nomad
'83 CB1100

Old 12-14-2008, 11:33 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

***** envy

Old 12-15-2008, 03:03 AM
WannaBuy
Cruiser

Won't this thread ever die???????????????

Old 12-15-2008, 05:44 AM
The Old Man
Road Master
Angry

Kill this thread...................oh the agoney!!!!

Old 12-15-2008, 07:55 AM
Old Gray Beard
Cruiser

Originally Posted by voyagerkbc
I have to chuckle at all you hard core HD supporters. Those that think we metric riders are just waiting in the wings until we can afford a HD make me laugh. What an arrogant point of view. From a mechanical point of view, the engineering in a metric bike is far and away more technical than the HD. Do you have to wonder why the big 3 auto makers sell the same number of cars as Toyota or Honda but still are billions in debt? HD is no different, they make a sub standard product and overcharge it to all those that cling to the culture of HD. I remember the days when the saying went " sure you can buy a harley son, but do you own a pick up to haul it with as well?" HD sure has all you die hards by the short and curlys, you all remind me of the crowd in front of the snake oil salesmen thinking their getting a great product and will pay anything to own it. Well, when I pass you on the highway in my Nomad knowing I spent half as much and got twice the machine, don't worry, I'll still wave.

voyager
'07 Nomad
'83 CB1100
I think you logged on to the wrong forum here is the proper site
http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/ladies-only

Old 12-15-2008, 09:42 AM
FXSTDSE2
Outstanding HDF Member

Other than a GW is there any other metric that runs 100K +? And don't kid your self with quality, if you actually are a member of the Nomad forum you know there are problems with them too!! And 10 years from now, good luck getting parts. Check in with us when you have 50K on it and let us know how you are making out.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:43 AM
Sugardick
Advanced

bye..

Old 12-15-2008, 10:54 AM
rc9636
Cruiser

Well I hope you enjoy the new ride and in about a year let us know how happy you still are with it, and how many groups you've ridden with! When asked why I ride HD's I've always said they probably aren't the best mechanically but when is the last time you saw a couple hundred metric bikes going down the road together??? I rode the H metrics for a while but got tired of riding alone most of the time. Now I can always find someone to ride with at anytime!

Last edited by rc9636; 12-15-2008 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:10 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ditto, bye Bye!

Quick Reply: Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare