Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 04:28 PM
krp2nite
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't kid yourself... Who are you trying to convince here... Anyway to each his own. When the $$$ settles down --- you'll still want a HD. But it does match the other bikes in your garage.... Nothing wrong with a Metric bike, I have owned more of them than HD's over the years, but in the end they were just other bikes. When you figure that out most of us will welcome you back without issue.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:43 PM
cruise_carter
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 13 Posts

To each their own...if someone is happy riding a metric cruiser, so be it.

The wife and I were out for a ride this afternoon taking in the fall colors and enjoying the unusual high temperatures and stopped into a coffee shop for a java. While enjoying our brew, a couple parked their Suzuki cruiser next to the Harley, got their coffee and stayed by our bike checking it out.

Came out to leave and hubby was chatting and asking questions about the Harley so long that I finally had to say we had to head out. We finally managed to tear ourselves away from this couple and as we headed out the better half said that she definitely thought that they would have been happier on a Harley, not a Harley clone.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:46 AM
boomer
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And this comes to mind. I'd rather have a sister in a ***** house than a brother on a
kawasaki.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:22 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Owwwwwwwwwwww. drum roll ta da

Old 12-14-2008, 06:08 PM
voyagerkbc
Stage II

I have to chuckle at all you hard core HD supporters. Those that think we metric riders are just waiting in the wings until we can afford a HD make me laugh. What an arrogant point of view. From a mechanical point of view, the engineering in a metric bike is far and away more technical than the HD. Do you have to wonder why the big 3 auto makers sell the same number of cars as Toyota or Honda but still are billions in debt? HD is no different, they make a sub standard product and overcharge it to all those that cling to the culture of HD. I remember the days when the saying went " sure you can buy a harley son, but do you own a pick up to haul it with as well?" HD sure has all you die hards by the short and curlys, you all remind me of the crowd in front of the snake oil salesmen thinking their getting a great product and will pay anything to own it. Well, when I pass you on the highway in my Nomad knowing I spent half as much and got twice the machine, don't worry, I'll still wave.

voyager
'07 Nomad
'83 CB1100

Old 12-14-2008, 06:20 PM
1999E-Glide
Cruiser
Default Your Ride

Nice Bike. I really like its looks. I ride with alot of friends and my best friend rides a Goldwing. We swapped bikes one day and I was like "wow
this is a cadillac" I bought a harley because I had a Honda Shadow and
my dad gave me complete hell about riding it. He even called me one night
and said "your bike leaked oil all over my garage" I got there and he poured a bag of rice around it. I laughed, then scored a heck of a deal
on the E-Glide. But every now and then in the twisties, I miss the Shadow. Be Safe.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:22 PM
ms3300
Road Captain

voyager, have you ridden a harley lately? Technologically my bike is just as advanced as my brothers 08 Nomad, if not more so. I have throttle by wire, EFI, ABS brakes, cruise control (electronic) and, by his own admission rides smoother and handles better. Substandard, I think not!! Get over the air cooled engine. I would buy a water cooled Harley but all you metric riders that believe that, and that alone, make a Harley antiquated need to come up with a better argument..there are many air cooled metrics running around, I owned two. ONe could argue the air cooled engine has to be hardier by design. My Harley is every bit as dependable as your metric. Quality?/ I will put my build quality and fit and finish up against any metric any day..I know I have owned both, Harley is much better, not to mention the parts themselves are better. The days of owning a Harley and wrenching on it as you ride are loong gone. I am critical of HD riders that bash imports and feel the same about you. I have to wonder if you are envious of Harley owners, otherwise why such an attitude? By the way, I ask how are imports "far and away more technical than the HD", give me some facts to back up that statement. I outlined my argument above regarding technology, lets hear yours

Old 12-14-2008, 07:10 PM
Uncle Scrooge
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old threads never die, they just come unravelled.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:32 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh my, how in the world did this get on here. If a guy wants to ride a Nomad great... I he wants to ride a Benelli, great... enough already ride and be happy, I've been on this forum for almost a year and I can't remember anyone ranking on a metric.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:07 PM
dlrshort
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Upswept
You get a metric cruiser and get a bike with no resale value and no appeal. You get an engine that sounds like an Evenrude when you add pipes to it. You soon find yourself riding alone.
You've got to be kidding!!

Quick Reply: Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare