Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 07:49 PM
Canedog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare

Good Luck with your Bike, My boos bought a 05, real nice. Started to have a problem took it to the local dealer (where he bought it) they kept it 4 weeks (here in N Ga) for a ignition problem finally told him they didn't have the correct cable to communicate with the computer on the bike and he would have to take it to another dealer. This is after $1100.00 worth of fixes this was the forth trip to the shop for the same problem. NO LEMON LAW in GA on MOTORCYCLES! So he took it toanother dealer, they said they could fix it but they did not have the right cable, and really did not want to spend the money to buy one ...150.00 from the factory. Somy boss had to pay for they cable so the dealer could hook up his computer to make the adjustment.Then they found problems they first dealer had caused by not having they comm cable and charged him to fix that.... $800.00. So after 1950.00 later he has it for saleand wants a HARLEY.

A good deal up front isnt always the best deal. Trust me I used to ride a 2001 Indian Chief,badest bike in theSHOP!
DOG

Old 01-01-2007, 07:55 PM
norskehd
Cruiser

Went the same route - my last motorcycle was a Yamaha Road Star. My wife and went to the HD factory in York, PA in September and when we were through with the tour she said - you need to get a Harley. So in October we went to a local HD dealer and purchased a 07 Electra Glide Classic - rides much better than the Road Star and now I finally got a Harley. It cost more then other brands of motorcycles but for us we just had to finally get a Harley. But - - no mater what you are riding - at least your riding - live to ride & ride to live.

Old 01-01-2007, 08:02 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: SGLarry

Yessir, I know just what you mean....truly American iron......<G>

[IMG]local://upfiles/14102/3B86155B5C4040AC8A746EBF62204C85.jpg[/IMG]
I said "Icon", not "Iron"....Thanks for ruining my fantasy.

I realize some parts are made overseas. Most of the chrome "goodies" I've seen are made in China.

We (my wife and I) recently purchased our first "Foreign" car, as she as always wanted a VW Beetle. She got a nice 06' model. State of the art German engineering.....Made in Mexico.

Old 01-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Good luck on your bike, nice looking ride and I hope you enjoy it. I just hope you didn't "settle" for it because you couldn't afford a Harley. I find that usually is what happens, Dude wants a Harely but can't afford one so he gets a metric and tries to Harely it up but it's just like Marrying an ugly girl and getting her bigger ***** and dyeing her hair and sending her to a fat farm. No matter what you do, it'll never be Harely and she'll never be beautiful.You'll keep telling yourself, it's just as good as a Harley, It's just as good as a Harley. But it aint.

Bubba

Old 01-01-2007, 08:11 PM
BREAD
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice looking scoot. You know, right behind HD is a KAWASAKI in my mind. Never had one of their cruisers but had a couple sportbikes, dirtbikes and a four wheeler with the KAW brand.

Enjoy the wind, it is afterall what riding is all about. I love my HD, don't get me wrong and you are posting this on an HD forum... take everyone's feedback for what it is worth.

Old 01-01-2007, 08:12 PM
harleyxlc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks great. Glad you got the bike you wanted. Obviously if you buy a metric and then do everything you can to make it a Harley, then buy a Harley and enjoy. But seriously, not everyone cares about the mystic of HD and I wouldn't recommend picking a bike because it's what every little boy thinks of when you way motorcycle. If that is not important to you, then buy whatever you want. Not saying those are bad reasons either, you just need to do what's right for you.

Sounds like you really got the bike that is right for you.

Old 01-01-2007, 08:24 PM
FoxRM250
Cruiser

Skater....nice looking ride. I had a 1500 Intruder in between harleys and it was a great bike. I'vehad somany different bikesits hard to keep count anymore. I'll ride anything with 2 wheels!! Hold your head high and be proud of it and have fun. Harley is also a cool bike...its the narrow mindedness of some of the people that have them sucks.....

Old 01-01-2007, 08:24 PM
Harleypaw
Tourer

Great looking scoot, enjoy the ride. I have lots of friends who have i nthe past,or are still riding Metric, it doesn't change then, their still great friends.

Old 01-01-2007, 08:26 PM
dstockton
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Nomad is one of the better Japanese touring cruisers. I've ridden several and it sounds like you will enjoy it. It ain't important what you ride just that you ride. People ride and desire Harleys for lot's of reasons. I started riding my own bikes when I was 16 and have had one or more bikes in my possession since, even when I didn't own a car. My last 15 years have been split between owning a sport bike or sport touring bike and a cruiser at the same time. I always knew I wanted a Harley even when they were way out of my price range. My mom thinks it because my dad's 59 Duo Glide was the first bike I rode on and "helped" him work on. He was stationed at Pearl Harbor and the Harley was our families only transportation. I finally bought a Sportster in 1990 but sold it a couple of years later.

Fast forward to the mid-90's, a couple of Suzuki cruisers 800 Marauder and 1500 Intruder (looks a lot like a fat boy). They were both good motorcycles but something always troubled me. I don't know why as it shouldn't have made any difference, but it did. I was constantly having to tell people at gas stops and other encounters that they weren't Harleys. Get ready for this, regular folks and even some motoryclists will assume it's a Harley. I no longer have that problem.

Ride safe.

Old 01-01-2007, 08:31 PM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: FoxRM250

Skater....nice looking ride. I had a 1500 Intruder in between harleys and it was a great bike. I'vehad somany different bikesits hard to keep count anymore. I'll ride anything with 2 wheels!! Hold your head high and be proud of it and have fun. Harley is also a cool bike...its the narrow mindedness of some of the people that have them sucks.....

Here, here....

When you have the breeze on you and the sun behind you, there all the same, just like flying...

Quick Reply: Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare