Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 10:03 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Prior to me buying a Road Glide I owned a '01 Roadstar.Yes it was cheaper than a Harley but it had problems also.Had to have the lifters replaced and no comparason on handling to the Road Glide.
One thing I hated about was that fact that all the accesories had to be bolted on.
Got hammered on selling it,these things dont hold much value.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:50 AM
billybobsrk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If a friend had'nt given me such a good deal on his 97 Road King, I don't know what I might of ended up with. Not everyone has the big bucks to put down on a Harley; now you've got a nice looking bike and now you can ride with the best of them.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:06 AM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 515 Likes on 358 Posts

It's still a butt-ugly wannabe. At least by a kawasaki that's not trying to be a plastic phony Harley.

I've heard em with pipes on em too. They sound like two Briggs & Strattons side by side with straight pipes.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:08 AM
CSA
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would never buy a fake Rolex!

Old 08-24-2008, 08:49 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Manish_Hawg

I have never seen a Harley imitating rice a roni, that San Francisco Treat.
Without pressure from the Japanese competition H-Ds wouldn't have become anywhere as good as they are today.

And next time you're about to crack a rice joke, keep in mind that yours is riding on rice suspension...

Old 08-24-2008, 08:58 PM
Bacon_Grease
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by skater69
Been searching....well really saving for a 1/2 down paymentfor an '07 EG standard since I rented many '06 baggers recently (2RGs, 2 EG classics)and then the '07 Street Glide....... '07 motor and 6 speedwon me over. But mucho dinero of course for an '07 and my "expensive tastes".

Meantime I checked out some guy's '05 Kawi Nomad 1600 on cycletrader (7K miles)....intrigued me b/c the guy was leaving all the extras on the bike: VH bigshots, pcIII, lightbar, grips, hwy pegs, risers, aftermarket cruise, utopia backrest,extended warranty. Couldn't believe how loaded this thing was. Guy had a Yamaha Venture as well....didn't need 2 bikes he said.

Drove 100 mi to see it......rode it......sorry to say.......goodbye Harley. I kept telling myself ......but it won't have the HD soul, character...the bike will be missing something, be boring. Wrong...very wrong. It may not sound like an HD but goddamn does it sound good.....and mean and like a big thumper should. And the aircleaner doesn't hit my damn leg like on the HD baggers...and the floorboards are placed a little wider so my feet can actually use them and not be skirting on the edges like the HD baggers I've ridden. The brakes do not squeal and are superior.
No 6th speed but 5th is a nice overdrive anyway. And the bags blow the HD baggers away...easier to open, close and store LOTS more. And I have to admit the meaty 170 rear rubber looks better than the HD popsicle tire.

I liked all the HDs I rode but this Nomad flat out beats it IMO. And the best part is it rides/sounds like a BEAST......not in theLEAST boring but still the cadillac ride like the HD baggers w/the dual rear air shocks.
For $8250....cost difference was insane. Depreciation? Could care less....for what I bought it for and I'll be riding her into the ground anyway.

Only posting this in case someone else was in my boat and didn't have much $$$ and thought they needed $20K to get a nice bagger.....you don't.
I thought I did. Not bashing HDs but the freakin' Nomad rocks. About 2/3rds of the riders I go out with are on HDs and they could care less what you ride so "fitting in" wasn't an issue. Anyway that's my honest review.

All this talk of soul, character and other nonsense is 100% pure horse crap.

It is an inanimate object with no more character or soul than my coffee maker.

Old 08-24-2008, 10:46 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by THABULL
I got laid mutilple times every year I went to the Hoot![sm=smarty.gif]
so how's grandma doing these days?

Old 08-24-2008, 11:50 PM
unclekunkle
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya can't beat that Nomad dude

Old 08-25-2008, 12:21 AM
Medicfrost
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's funny how a post from over a year and a half ago from an idiot troll seems to still have life.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:59 AM
hdslam
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice HD helmet on the seat. BAN HIM!!!

Quick Reply: Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare