Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 09:45 PM
08UC
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow,
without reading all the replies it sounds like you have found your dream ride. i went the other way about a year ago. i tried to make a tourer out of a 1600 roadstar. with the money i paid to make the cruiser comfortable for me for what i consider long distance riding. i could of almost paid off my new 08 u.c. . i rode a wing for a bout a week and absolutely loved the machine. probably the best i have ever been on. but when i rode the u.c. and stood back and looked at the big picture i was instantly sold. my first harley product and my first new bike ever. with the six gallon tank it is a dream to fill it and ride 200 miles for the next fill up. my nearest family is a little over 1100 miles away and this new ride has made the non stop trip a breeze. do enjoy and stay safe
it is all the same wind

smile

Old 08-23-2008, 09:51 PM
cmcsns
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

A true example of "if I have to explain, you wouldn't understand".

I read a post a while back where a Metric rider was telling a Harley rider about everyone always asking him if his bike was a Harley 'cause it looks like one and sounds like one, to which the Harley rider explained that they could go Downtown and he could pick up something that looked like a woman and sounded like a woman but that some of us just like to know that our's is real.... Dooes that clear it up for ya SunnyJim? Now you can ride off into the sunset knowing "you da man"

Old 08-24-2008, 01:00 AM
DZLDR
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cmcsns
A true example of "if I have to explain, you wouldn't understand".

I read a post a while back where a Metric rider was telling a Harley rider about everyone always asking him if his bike was a Harley 'cause it looks like one and sounds like one, to which the Harley rider explained that they could go Downtown and he could pick up something that looked like a woman and sounded like a woman but that some of us just like to know that our's is real.... Dooes that clear it up for ya SunnyJim? Now you can ride off into the sunset knowing "you da man"
NOW THAT RIGHT THERE IS FUNNY!! I don't care who you are...that was funny

Old 08-24-2008, 04:23 AM
realbiker
Cruiser

End this post!

Old 08-24-2008, 05:52 AM
FXWGG
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dog always comes home. See you soon!

Old 08-24-2008, 05:59 AM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Enjoy the ride and be safe. I had an 06 Vulcan with all the options you could put on it, and it was smooth riding but horrible handling at slow speeds... poorly balanced and terrible to hold up when I stopped. Traded it and bought an 08 FLHRC and admittedly not as smooth while sitting in traffic, but I can ride slow and manuever incredibly well. On the road there is nothing smoother. Oh yes you save a ton of money by buying a Metric and it is very practical... but it hust did not make it for me. I tried. Hope you are as happy as I am, and ride safe and enjoy.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:01 AM
EvEr34
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by realbiker
End this post!
+1 it's like 1.5 yrs old

Old 08-24-2008, 07:17 AM
kart11
Tourer

I rode sport bikes for most of my life , a few years ago I decided it was time to go with a cruzier so since I didnt have enough $$ to buy a Harley I went with a 01 Honda Shadow 750 ACE , I bought the bike in aug of 02 and owned it for a whole 5 moinths , worst POS I ever had, now power (at least what I was used to) I traded it for a 1200C Sporty in Jan. , loved the bike but my wife hated the ride so in Dec. of that same year I traded that for a 98 UC and fell in love, since then I sold that and bought my first new Harley (07 SG) . I will NEVER go back to metric but thats my choice. I did ride a Nomad once and it did have very good power and handled great but its not a Harley. Just have fun on what ever you ride and be safe.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:07 AM
tread
Outstanding HDF Member

I sold my Night Train a month and a half ago. I am planning on getting a Street Glide. I was in the Kawasaki place the other day and looked at a 2000. It is a great looking bike and they had 2 and the asking price was just 9500 but to me they are just lacking something. I cant put my finger on it but they just arent for me.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:24 AM
olgoat
Advanced

I Have owned metrics before. Nothing like the feel of a Harley.

Quick Reply: Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare