Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 06:05 PM
dmlong
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare

Whatever floats your boat(or rice bowl). Enjoy the ride!

Old 01-01-2007, 06:40 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Hope you enjoy it. Looks kinda nice from that angle. Glad to hear you're still on two wheels. Really doesn't matter to me what anyone rides. Nice deal on the bike too. That said, can't imagine you'll have much fun on here anymore unless you DO turn into one of the very boorish characters who now wants to tell everyone that you've seen the light and so should we

Old 01-01-2007, 06:50 PM
THABULL
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Cache

The only thing worse than french kissing your grandmother is riding a Kawasaki.

How many guys have tatoo's of Honda's and Kawasaki's?

I guess it depends on what you want and what you care about......how many guys get laid at the Honda Hoot or the Wing Ding?

[:'(]
I got laid mutilple times every year I went to the Hoot![sm=smarty.gif]

Old 01-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Custom07RKC
Outstanding HDF Member

Good luck with your Nomad dude. I thought to go metric also but didn't want to be raped if/when it was time to resell/trade-in like I've seen with the metrics. One of my close buddies rides a Nomad and he really likes it, but he rides his 05 Ultra Classic more than the Nomad, mainly kept the Nomad for when his boy turns 16. I almost did the same thing last spring and really thought about it and waited until the end of this year and ordered a new Harley and am I glad that I did. To each his own though. But at least you are riding. Ride safe man.

Old 01-01-2007, 07:22 PM
SGLarry
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Skater,
You done good. Excellent tourer. Good value, Good looking, good sounding, and VERY reliable! My buddy's gone through a couple of Nomads with Harley EGC in between. All he said the whole time he had his EGC was that he wanted his Nomad back.... couldn't take the heat and vibes. He bought another and he's happy again.The radio and fairingwon me over on the SG. If they hadn't, I be riding a Nomad too. Ride and be happy. ;-)
Larry

Old 01-01-2007, 07:33 PM
SGLarry
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Yessir, I know just what you mean....truly American iron......<G>

[IMG]local://upfiles/14102/3B86155B5C4040AC8A746EBF62204C85.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-01-2007, 07:34 PM
skater69
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: wnogood

All that and only 1 picture? C'mon man, give us a look see!

nogood o~`o
Name:  Dsc00832.jpg
Views: 1903
Size:  114.4 KB
Name:  howiesrideleftsidecropped.jpg
Views: 1886
Size:  80.6 KB
Name:  howiesnomadcropped.jpg
Views: 1904
Size:  93.3 KB

Old 01-01-2007, 07:38 PM
skater69
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: rdam
"If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand", is a H-D catchphrase that I "didn't understand" until afterI purchased. You are welcome to ride with me anytime, as I enjoy riding...period. But until you own and ride a Harley, you won't really understand.
Well between my 5 rental times I logged close to 2000mi on the HD baggers......basically rode them all day....so I may not understand how it is to own one but I think I got a pretty good idea how they RIDE.
I spent some LONG days in the saddle on the Harley baggers....and they're nice bikes. But I can't remember one thing about any of them that the Nomad isn't as good or better.....sound, power, handling........AND stirring the soul. I went looking at the Nomad figuring it would be boring and I would pass on it......it's the furthest thing from it.

And as far as "it says "Kawasaki.....it's not a Harley....it's not American.....it'sa substitute...."Maybe if I wasstill in kindergarten. And the tattoos...getting laid post.....almost made me laugh and vomit at the same time.
But I'll ride with anyone on any bike.....and do....ride safe.

Old 01-01-2007, 07:41 PM
skater69
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: LAWMAN

Hey I had a Volusia as well. Everyone would tell me to take the tank stickers off to make it look like a Harley, take the oem pipes off and put others on to make it SOUND like a Harley. Everyone would say it looks like a Harley and I would tell them that it's not. I kept my Volusia stock....why make a bike look like something (HARLEY) that it's not?!?!?!? My Volusia was a great bike to work on my riding skills and get comfortable riding again. Since I bought my Harley Road Kingin Feb 2006 I have 10,105 miles andboy were those miles a BLAST to put on. I can;t say that about my Volusia.
I've ridden an 800 Volusia before....that things a tricycle compared to the Nomad or an HD bagger.

Old 01-01-2007, 07:42 PM
smknflms
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

...like having sex with a fat girl...fun to ride but you would'nt want your friends to see you on one..
..nice ride..I'm sure you will enjoy it.. it's not aboutwhat you ride..it's about that you ride.
Later

Quick Reply: Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare