Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 12:13 PM
swede5022
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare

bought my o8 ultra 4/19/08. had a 99 nomad that i bought on 5/13/98, first year for the nomad, an early release. i loved it.
wish they would put a fairing and tourpak on it, but the japs are hard to change too. so i installed a harley tourpak on it. wife
loved the seat. you can sink a lot of money in a metric also, just like hd. sounds like you got a good deal on a great bike.enjoy.
mystique??? B.S. mystique is just a word for a few (and i said a few) people that think their harleys are better than all the rest.
and yes ive been laid on my nomad. hope the fellow that bought it has as much fun on it as i did, it was still going strong after 55,000

Old 05-24-2008, 12:20 PM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets ride to Sturgis together and see who gets more women? . You do have a nice looking ride. To each his own. I like my Harley and will never step down.
Name:  goodshot.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  24.9 KB

Old 05-24-2008, 01:51 PM
IronLegend
Tourer

Couldn't have said it better. I also went the metric route in the beginning but 'they weren't a Harley.' Now after all these years I got the "Harley."

Old 05-24-2008, 02:19 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

ORIGINAL: flvnrider

I don't really think it matters what anyone rides. I've been reading this forum thread and think it's retarded. I CHOSE to buy a Kawasaki because it actually runs. I rented a few Harleys and so did my dad and we both think its funny how people can actually fake themselves in liking vibrating pieces of crap that need to be fixed all the time. Every metric bike we have owned has never had a problem. I don't ever bash Harleys and none of my friends do either. We just all ride together and hang out. I was really interested in getting a bike for the past year now. I see all of these Harley vs. topics and wanted to clarify why I think Kawasaki owners actually have Kawasaki motorcycles, at least why I do.

In December, I rented a Harley Sportster 883 with my girlfriend on the back. We liked it. We loved the wind and the freedom. And remember November and December are the best times to ride in Florida during the day.

Shortly after, I was looking at Harleys and seeing which one I liked. It was funny because the more I looked, the more I really didn't like them. I got so turned off by them.

This is when I started looking at Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, and Kawasaki.

My dad rode motorcycles since he was in high school and always owned Kawasaki and Honda. He said that they were the most reliable and he never had to fix them. They ran and ran. He sold them in 1986 when I was born.

This is when I was convinced that I need a reliable bike. I talk to Harley guys and they admit that they are always tweaking them and fixin them.

I was looking at the Kawasaki models and fell in love with my 900 Custom. So it wasn't about price or brand name or anything like that. I just CHOSE to ride my awesome 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom.

Now, the thing is, my girlfriend's Uncle is one of those die hard kick everyone down Harley people and when I got my bike, my girlfriend's dad said, you need to hook up with my brother-in-law. I think i'm going to pass only because I don't wanna hear the jibber-jabber of how I didn't get a Harley. I love my Kawasaki and I'm not in the race with who has the better bike or anything.

Just remember, money can buy anything. I could have gotten a $20k Harley, but instead I prefer to ride in what I feel comfortable with, a VN900. I am proud to own the bike that I do and I hope all of the other Kawasaki owners do.

I have a Harley and a Vulcan (wifes bike).
I have nothing against what anyone rides. They are all good bikes and peoples preferences or financial decisions are their own but I will tell you one thing. I ride one then the other there is no comparison whatsoever in these two machines. It isn't even close. As soon as the wife gets a few more miles under her belt and feels comfortable with the added weight we are dumping the Kawasaki and getting a real Harley. Some are happy riding a Vulcan. We'll sell it to one of 'em.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:00 AM
roadkingsaddlebrooke
Cruiser

I can't believe that I just read all seven pages of this thread! Thishas beenbetter then the funny pages. We've got two Harleys, a Mustang and a Chevy Pickup in our garage. Never had a Japanese bike, had a Triumph though. Other day a guy walks by, looks intothe garage, sister is here with her RK, says to his buddy, "Not one, not two, but three f**king Harleys"!

[IMG]local://upfiles/17706/9132267F11AA451BA5E73FB208F5F228.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-25-2008, 01:28 AM
reeac
Tourer

Why is there a HD logo helmet on the seat?

Old 05-25-2008, 01:37 AM
TOMCENTRAL
Road Captain

Please call it a KAW (COW) not a Kawi,&Kaw's arenice rides.Hell you can buy 2 compared the Bucks(punt intended)you have to pay for these Pigs,I mean Hogs.Regards,Tom

Old 07-19-2008, 08:51 PM
NadDude
Novice

I love Harleys. The bikes, the culture, the history, the style. Everybody I know who rides, rides a Harley. I may own one some day. But for now, the Nomad just does it for me. The value per dollar is incredible. The looks, performance, reliability, the ride, the bags, and the ride, the ride. A few hundred miles on the Nad was all I needed to experience to know that it was the right decision for me. I’ve always been a bit of a maverick anyway, never one to follow the crowd. I enjoy not riding the same thing as everyone else. The quality of the Nomad made it an easy choice.
Name:  ship002-2.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  10.3 KB

Old 07-19-2008, 09:45 PM
porkster
Club Member
Received 200 Likes on 145 Posts

Nice bike man I'll bet it has more torque and horsepower out of the box than the Harleys of the same displacement. Probably won't have to worry about the fuel cannister takeing a crap on ya either!!!!!

Old 07-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Mars
Cruiser

Whatever dude. It aint about the brand, like everyone says, its about putting your life on the line every day to satisfy your inner child...er...um.....fek. Ride or die. Serious.

Quick Reply: Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare