Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Major Bill
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare

ORIGINAL: stewaps

I got tired of spending $$ on my Vulcan 1500 trying to make it what it was not. Not the sound, not the ride, not the torque. Not a HD. Life is short (so am I) and now I am happy... satisfied? heck no, now I know what HD stands for ...Hundred Dollars.. my wife hates Ebay now....my ride....
Amen Stew!

Old 08-14-2007, 05:33 PM
dswansbiker
Road Warrior
Received 108 Likes on 33 Posts

I think everyone agrees that Kaw/Hon/Suz/Yam have gone through great pains to imitate HD. Ask yourself why would they go to such great lengths to imitate Harley. Then ask yourself why YOU would want a bike from a company that is trying so hard to imitate something else. Obviously, the original has to be more desirable than an imitation. Total no-brainer there. Having an imitation bike in your garage would be like picking up a crossdresser, and everything is going great until the panties come off!!!

Old 08-14-2007, 05:52 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Often imitated, never duplicated. When you own a Harley, you never compare it to a Harley. When you own a Metric cruiser, most people compare them to a Harley. IE, sounds like, looks like, rides like…hmmmmm [align=left] [/align]

Old 08-14-2007, 06:07 PM
Firetender
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: dswansbiker

I think everyone agrees that Kaw/Hon/Suz/Yam have gone through great pains to imitate HD. Ask yourself why would they go to such great lengths to imitate Harley. Then ask yourself why YOU would want a bike from a company that is trying so hard to imitate something else. Obviously, the original has to be more desirable than an imitation. Total no-brainer there. Having an imitation bike in your garage would be like picking up a crossdresser, and everything is going great until the panties come off!!!
Since Harley-Davidsons were manufactured in Japan (in the past), you could say they are imitating their own products as well...

Old 08-14-2007, 06:16 PM
tarheelrdr
Tourer

I went through the same thing when I was looking for a sports car back in the mid 80's Always wanted a porsche, then toyota came out with the supra. Looked good and had more hp than the porsche. But I went with an 85 944 . You just can't get the same feeling in getting a "wanna be" sports car/ or looks like a Harley" I t s just how you feel when you know you have the best!!!!

Old 08-14-2007, 06:24 PM
springerGT
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the paint on the V Rod.

GT

Old 08-14-2007, 06:26 PM
racklefratz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Cache
How many guys have tatoo's of Honda's and Kawasaki's?
I'd wonder why anyone would want a "tatoo" of anything.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:45 PM
Spartan
Road Captain

Nice looking bike. Best of luck with it..

Old 05-22-2008, 09:50 PM
flvnrider
Banned

I don't really think it matters what anyone rides. I've been reading this forum thread and think it's retarded. I CHOSE to buy a Kawasaki because it actually runs. I rented a few Harleys and so did my dad and we both think its funny how people can actually fake themselves in liking vibrating pieces of crap that need to be fixed all the time. Every metric bike we have owned has never had a problem. I don't ever bash Harleys and none of my friends do either. We just all ride together and hang out. I was really interested in getting a bike for the past year now. I see all of these Harley vs. topics and wanted to clarify why I think Kawasaki owners actually have Kawasaki motorcycles, at least why I do.

In December, I rented a Harley Sportster 883 with my girlfriend on the back. We liked it. We loved the wind and the freedom. And remember November and December are the best times to ride in Florida during the day.

Shortly after, I was looking at Harleys and seeing which one I liked. It was funny because the more I looked, the more I really didn't like them. I got so turned off by them.

This is when I started looking at Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, and Kawasaki.

My dad rode motorcycles since he was in high school and always owned Kawasaki and Honda. He said that they were the most reliable and he never had to fix them. They ran and ran. He sold them in 1986 when I was born.

This is when I was convinced that I need a reliable bike. I talk to Harley guys and they admit that they are always tweaking them and fixin them.

I was looking at the Kawasaki models and fell in love with my 900 Custom. So it wasn't about price or brand name or anything like that. I just CHOSE to ride my awesome 2008 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom.

Now, the thing is, my girlfriend's Uncle is one of those die hard kick everyone down Harley people and when I got my bike, my girlfriend's dad said, you need to hook up with my brother-in-law. I think i'm going to pass only because I don't wanna hear the jibber-jabber of how I didn't get a Harley. I love my Kawasaki and I'm not in the race with who has the better bike or anything.

Just remember, money can buy anything. I could have gotten a $20k Harley, but instead I prefer to ride in what I feel comfortable with, a VN900. I am proud to own the bike that I do and I hope all of the other Kawasaki owners do.

Name:  IMG_3263.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  124.6 KB

Old 05-22-2008, 09:57 PM
rhuff
Elite HDF Member
Received 1,119 Likes on 732 Posts

Dude, enjoy that nomad. They are a beautiful bike and an amazing value when picked used. I was torn between the nomad and my Road King. I believe if I ever get another bike, it'll be a used nomad. I had to have my Road King though and knew I personally would regret getting the nomad first. I have a pretty decked out honda sabre as well and I will not get rid of it. Even if it's a metric. Congrats on your bike. As long as you're happy, who give a crap.

Quick Reply: Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare