Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Dougger
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare

Nice looking ride. Enjoy.
I ride a Honda Valkyrie Interstate in Florida and a Ultra Classic in Michigan. We enjoy them both, different machines, but great rides
Enjoy.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:48 PM
juniors05RK
Intermediate

Used to own a metric, 01 Honda ACE. Put 4000 miles on her in six years. Put 1800 on my RK in six weeks. Enough said.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:08 PM
gwcrim
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Cache
How many guys have tatoo's of Honda's and Kawasaki's?

I guess it depends on what you want and what you care about......how many guys get laid at the Honda Hoot or the Wing Ding?
Hey...... the guy has a point.

But seriously folks........ I have three Kawasakis. They're all dirt bikes but as long as your knees are in the breeze.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:13 PM
Ultrasweet
Road Captain

I've got news for all of the one way HD dumbasses out there. I have an 07 Ultra Classic and an 07 Nomad. If it wasn't for the stereo and the trunk, the Ultra would be gone. As far as losing money, with all the bad press that everyone is giving the 07's I am sure if and when I ever sell my Harley I am going to take it in the shorts big time. Everything he said about the Nomad is spot on. I believe it is a much better built bike than the HD. However, if ever I part with the Ultra I will miss that throb that is part of the Harley's character. The problem with most of the people riding Harleys is they have never tried anything else because they are too embarresed to let their "buddies" know they might even consider owning any other brand. If it is about buying American then keep your asses out of Wally World and every other place that sells all that Chinese crap. I love my Harley and my Nomad too. It is like having 2 girlfriends, one that gives good head but can't cook and the other is a great cook but won't drink beer and get naked with you and your buddies. You know what I mean. If Harley keeps going on the path they are on and if the Japs ever figure out how to market their bikes then Honda truly will be buying out HD to give them the edge on the market. T.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:28 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a 750 Shadow ACE, bought it becauseI wanted to start riding again, did not want to drop lots of $$$ and not get into it. That bike barley lasted a season, August is when I started looking at HD's....I knewI would be riding for awhile. The Honda did not have it...it was a motorcycle, had fun on it but, felt like a moped. Found my HD, bought it and still had the Honda....got HC on it....first bike she ever rode, took to it like a duck to water.......started riding in March and had a HD by June

Old 08-13-2007, 09:28 PM
zzmellio
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out this metric. Id ride it. Yamaha Roadstar with a little HD class added.

[IMG]local://upfiles/11037/184B2DD7FA4B41B99F4425BD2C9DEFF2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/11037/EB40635D33F14C8F8CB63C6EDACFE3D6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-13-2007, 09:41 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Funny thing is alot of those metric baggers will get up there in price,close to an HD but, a year later will be 1/2 the value..........If I ever get a bagger it will be an Ultra......

Old 08-14-2007, 12:44 AM
m.ghost
Stage III

Seems like u may need to come back to reality! Have to go to a rally to get laid & own a Harley to b sure? I had a 98 Softail. Have many friends with harleys. I`m not a harley basher but,, I sold mine & have a 99 nomad. Best damn bike i`ve ever owned. Go to www.motorcycletour&cruiser.com & read the results for yourself. 3 riders going cross country. the bikes were honda valkyrie, road king & nomad. read the overall results 4/yourself.3 yrs back, i was with a bunch of friends in memphis,Tn. about 95 deg`s backed up in traffic, moving about 10 ft every 4 min`s,the oil in the harleys got so hot it became thin & 3 of my friends had to shut em down & scoot the bikes foward as traffic moved. My fan was cycling on/off.
I admit, Harley has definately got the marketing won hands down!
As for maint, buy a new harley, take it to the dealer to have serviced so the warranty won`t be voided & pay 100.00 I fell into that trap before I woke up. I can put my bike in a line of Harleys & honestly, I get about twice as many compliments. Harley will stay with old school technology as long as people keep spending $$. I ride my bike too. I mean 2,000 trips are common. no need for a trailer yet. I ain`t worried about it. Ride what ya like, we`re all doing what we love!

[IMG]local://upfiles/40275/E52B0DA6E94046CDB79B0EEBB45E880E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-14-2007, 08:24 AM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, that almost looks like a Harley! What's that they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

Old 08-14-2007, 11:52 AM
m.ghost
Stage III

Yep,, thats what they say but,,the main benefit is that I don`t have 16k+ & I don`t worry about maint issues. just change the fluids & go

Quick Reply: Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare