Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 05:40 PM
hopsing
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare

I read this lines and my opinion - everybody should ride what he wants and can pay for. Myself owns and ridedifferent bikes from different makes fromGerman to American and old Brit Ladies -and Japanese as well. Iwonderonly why the most HD bikes listed here are year 06 and 07[sm=smiley24.gif]- whats up with the older ones, thought always Harley´s a bike for life.

so long, Klaus

Bikes:
2001 E-Glide Standard
1993 Fat Boy
1977 XLCH Sportster
1968 Triumph Trophy 650
1970 Royal Enfield Interceptor 750
1974 Norton Commando 850
1999 BMW 1150 GS
1990 Honda Dominator NX 650

Old 01-05-2007, 05:47 PM
ffb
Tourer

been there and almost done that .

but given the number of hd dealers all over ,

the service and parts availability

and my previoous experience with italian and german bikes , some left me stranded by the side of the road ,for hours ,

i had no other choice ,but

2007 street glide..................

and now having post recall vibration problems ,

but there are solutions ,like pc3 and many others ,

so guy, enjoy your nomad . it is a great bike.............

but when you see that harley go by ,

and that other harley ,and the other one ,,,

then ,you realize that in addition to dealers and service and parts availability,

a harley is , like an INDIAN, very unique ,even thou there are hundred of thousand of them,

and ,it is a state of mind ,one from which you will be brought about in a few months ,

and ,i will see you in a harley then

Old 08-13-2007, 12:50 AM
got2go
Stage I

ORIGINAL: Madav8tr

Way to go guys!! Before, when this thread first started, I'm betting he would have stopped to help a Harley owner who was broken down along side the road, NOW, all he'll do is #1 honk, #2 wave, #3 smile, #4 ride of into the sunset doing 1through 3, LOL
Go over to a Metric forum and post the reverse of this topic. Tell them you were looking at a metric but decided on a Harley. See if the response is different. I guarantee you it will be worse than here. Most Metric forum users view Harley riders as nothing more than posers that can't ride or simply guys that chose a Harley as a fashion statement. Nothing you tell tham will change their view and the ones that eventually move to a Harley simply never go back to the forums because of the childishness. These responses have been kind to say the least. As for spitting on someone's bike, that's the most retarded thing I have seen posted on here. I have a couple of metric motorcycles and an italian made bike and if I ever saw someone spit on it, they better hope they can defend themselves well because an *** kicking is in order.
I disagree...

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/fo...eanstreak.html

Old 08-13-2007, 06:08 AM
Tech2
Tourer

ORIGINAL: got2go

ORIGINAL: Madav8tr

Way to go guys!! Before, when this thread first started, I'm betting he would have stopped to help a Harley owner who was broken down along side the road, NOW, all he'll do is #1 honk, #2 wave, #3 smile, #4 ride of into the sunset doing 1through 3, LOL
Go over to a Metric forum and post the reverse of this topic. Tell them you were looking at a metric but decided on a Harley. See if the response is different. I guarantee you it will be worse than here. Most Metric forum users view Harley riders as nothing more than posers that can't ride or simply guys that chose a Harley as a fashion statement. Nothing you tell tham will change their view and the ones that eventually move to a Harley simply never go back to the forums because of the childishness. These responses have been kind to say the least. As for spitting on someone's bike, that's the most retarded thing I have seen posted on here. I have a couple of metric motorcycles and an italian made bike and if I ever saw someone spit on it, they better hope they can defend themselves well because an *** kicking is in order.
I disagree...

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/fo...eanstreak.html
Well, there IS a difference.

The guy that started this thread basically threw out a negative opinion of Harley bikes and proceeded to gush about how superior his new import was in comparison. The thread you linked to starts out with a guy praising his metric bike, but sadly, he's getting a new Street Glide.

It really doesn't matter to me, but the 'tone' of the two posts could not be more different.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:49 AM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice bike.

I amcurrently adie-hard Harley rider, but I am not blind to some of the current issues with HD. I cringe when HD comes out with bikes that run hot, trannys that rattle, poor performance numbers, and 14.7:1 AFRs. It amazes me that they can't yet adjust the V-twin technologyso they can put out at least 100/100 off the floor, whilemetric Vtwin cruisers can.

I am hoping a water cooled HD V-twin is soon to come. It will hopefully meet EPA guidelines, sound like a Harley and put out some ponies. If it doesn't, I feel confident HD will start to lose ground to the metrics.

I do a lot of touring, and HP/Torqueare important to me. Important enough to start looking around to see what other companies are doing.

I have owned a Kawi 1000 and 1300 in years past. I remember both bikes fondly. You got a hell of a deal on a sweet bike. Congratulations.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:15 AM
pfd161
Cruiser

Suzuki Volusia...........Royal Star Tour Deluxe.............FLHTCUI..............Never have looked back...........no comparison period.
D.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:45 AM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: LAWMAN

Hey I had a Volusia as well. Everyone would tell me to take the tank stickers off to make it look like a Harley, take the oem pipes off and put others on to make it SOUND like a Harley. Everyone would say it looks like a Harley and I would tell them that it's not. I kept my Volusia stock....why make a bike look like something (HARLEY) that it's not?!?!?!? My Volusia was a great bike to work on my riding skills and get comfortable riding again. Since I bought my Harley Road Kingin Feb 2006 I have 10,105 miles andboy were those miles a BLAST to put on. I can;t say that about my Volusia.
Ditto on that Lawnman. I ride a lot of long distance down here in Florida and my C50 would kill me after about a hundred miles. I can ride the SG all day long. That being said the C50 was a good bike to get back into riding.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:49 AM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

ORIGINAL: THABULL

ORIGINAL: Cache

The only thing worse than french kissing your grandmother is riding a Kawasaki.

How many guys have tatoo's of Honda's and Kawasaki's?

I guess it depends on what you want and what you care about......how many guys get laid at the Honda Hoot or the Wing Ding?

[:'(]
I got laid mutilple times every year I went to the Hoot![sm=smarty.gif]
It doesn't count if you have to use your hand!

Old 08-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Lou70
Intermediate

Up until this past weekend, I owned a 1999 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic which I traded for an 07 RoadGlide. The Kawasaki was a great bike! No problems whatsoever but it's totally different than the RoadGlide. While the Vulcan idled smoother and ran cooler, the HD shakes and makes noises, adding a degree of charm and personality. I truly understand now what it's like to own a HD motorycle but on the flip side, lots of metrics are great bikes and fit the budgets of many people so, it's what works for you. I ride with anyone, so it doesn't bother me what anyone else has for two wheels.

Ride safe.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:25 AM
drdiesel1
Road Captain

BUT I CARE WHAT I`M RIDING....[8D]

Quick Reply: Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare