Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 03:50 PM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare

Yo Homebrew, The negative posts I've seen on the metric forums have been far more brutal than the ones posted here. This forum, for the most part, is fairly easy going. Considering the negativity imparted by the poster, one could reasonable expect open warfare, instead the majority of posts have been supportive.

Old 01-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

I wasn't even going to post on this but, I even skiped over reading all the comments from others so here goes, ride what you want, I don't care, the bottom line for you was the money, ok, you'll be like some of the other guy's I know that have done the same thing, they will buy metric, they will explain why it's so much better, all the money I saved and look what I got, then they will eventually sell when they have saved up enough money and buy a Harley, I just wish you all would quit trying to make excuses for buying one of the damn things.

Old 01-03-2007, 04:02 PM
waffler
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thinka lotpeople buy metrics because they can't justify paying that much for a harley but in the end regret itand end up paying more to get what they really should have bought in the first place. Im not bashing the metric owners there are a lot of happy ones out there ride what you want. justmy .02

Old 01-03-2007, 04:11 PM
roadkingbigjoe
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think people are bashing this guy as much as its just these guys being smartasses, i read alot of congrats in this thread. I was just being a smart *** with what I wrote:
"Hey everyone else should also be happy because if there wasn't any other brands to judge the Harleys against how would we know weride the best motorcycle on the earth."
Hell I even used that line at the HD 100th when I rode my Honda 750 Ace to the party and a group of guys started giving me crap.

Old 01-03-2007, 05:51 PM
geargrinder
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The first thing they taught me in marketing class was that people buy whatever makes them feel good, not the best product for the money, and HD was one of several text book examples of this. So we brag about the resale value of a HD, then weturn around and spend thousands moreon HD garb to make us feel even "gooder." After owning several non HD bikesand now a HD,and always prideing myself as being an intelligent spender,I have mixed emotions about fallingprey to this scheme.

The responses are to be expected, if you had a Ford and went on a GM forum to tell them how much better you liked the Ford, the feedback would be similar.

Old 01-03-2007, 06:56 PM
marty44
Tourer

I got back into riding a year ago and bought a 2005 new V-Star 1100. Had all jap bikes before so this was a trade up from the last one. After 6 months I got bit by the HD mystique after going to all the bike weeks, rallies, etc. Six months later I traded in for a 2007 Deluxe (so what am I doing on the touring forum?). Bottom line, the Yamaha had better breaks, less heat on my legs, did everything well for a great price,but...........I love my Deluxe and will prob never ride anything other than a HD in the future. I didn't say it made sense. That's not why we buy HDs. But quit kicking the guy who bought the Kawasaki. He's still a lot closer to me than the guy driving the ford wanting to outlaw all 2 wheelers.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17245/0D2C2ABDAF8942738B9A1CD4F1A3A3C6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-03-2007, 07:12 PM
AcidRayn
Banned

i truly hope that all those metric owners enjoy supporting foreigners just cuz they saved a few bucks. do me a favor, and ride your metric on over to wallmart, i hear the chinese people are a bit under fed this week.

i have not seen it here, so i'll put it here

BE AMERICAN, BUY AMERICAN, SUPPORT AMERICA!

Old 01-03-2007, 07:41 PM
07RoadGlide
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ride what you want, as long as you're happy. The reason I'm in the military is to fight for folks' freedom. Whether to ride Jap/American/Brit bikes, etc. I bet every person on here owns something Japanese anyhow, whether it be their TV, DVD player, microwave or whatever.LOL Ride free and ride what YOU want!!

Old 01-03-2007, 08:10 PM
nightglide
Road Master

ORIGINAL: 07RoadGlide

Ride what you want, as long as you're happy. The reason I'm in the military is to fight for folks' freedom. Whether to ride Jap/American/Brit bikes, etc. I bet every person on here owns something Japanese anyhow, whether it be their TV, DVD player, microwave or whatever.LOL Ride free and ride what YOU want!!

Here is the only comment that counts in this thread!!!

SWEET BIKE YOU HAVE!!

Old 01-03-2007, 08:33 PM
clayman
Road Master

I love my HD and havealways had them, but i have to say that after reading this thread i have to laugh at the mentality that is still out there. Harleys are at best assembled in America now and the HD acssesories are made in China. They have not been 100% American for a long time now so i think all the talk about jap crap is rather pointless since YOU are riding Chinese, japanese and whoever else Harley is farming out to. Now again i need to say that there is no other bike that i want to ride and to me nothing else out there comes close but come on people.

Quick Reply: Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare