Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 03:02 AM
mariner227
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare

Nice scoot. I love motorcycles. Had a good time on everyone that I've owned. I still own and ocasionallyride a 1975 Z1 900 Kaw. This bike sold for $2600.00 and is worth around 5k now. I doubt if your Nomad will hold its value as well. I really love my 07 FLHTCU. I've only ridden the z1 once since late August when the new FLH came into the picture.

Old 01-03-2007, 04:00 AM
The HalfBreed
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL guys......maybe the guy just wanted a motorcycle.

Some of ya wish him well and let it be....I congratulate you on your class.
Others make fun and tell him he could not afford a Harley and will be back one day.
Go figure. Maybe he's happy........I'm happy for him.
Some of ya should quit trying to justify your HD in someone else's purchase. I guess he DID get a good price.
But then again, some folks think that, if it's not a Harley...it's not a bike.
Get real.....

Old 01-03-2007, 08:47 AM
mtuck318
Novice

Now you have the money to buy the new naked Ducati Hypermotardif you trade in the Honda in the picture.Ok, maybe a KTM Super Duke or 950 Adventure. Plenty of choices with all the money you saved. Why limit your possibilities to just a Honda and a Kawasaki? Think of the possibilities. It is never too late.

Tuck

Old 01-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Bigredone
Road Master

WOW, Do they throw in one of those green slime riding suits?

Old 01-03-2007, 09:39 AM
mariner227
Road Master

Hmmm.... This is a forum used mostly by guys and gals who live, eat, breath Harley Davidson.The replies are aboutwhat I would expect.

A few years back when I was riding a Honda Gold Wing.My best friend told me that the only thing missing was the bag to put over my head while riding it! He was just razzing me, all in good nature.

Old 01-03-2007, 09:59 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

I road an '01 Raodstar for 4 years before I bought my Road Glide.I thought it handled ok till I road my Road Glide.The HD handles a hell of a lot better.
On the Roadstar all the accesories are bolt on,that was a PITA compared to the easy on/off that Harley makes.
It was hard to sell the Yamaha and I took a beating on what I got.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:31 AM
AcidRayn
Banned

im curious, with all the talk on this forum about mpg, just how manyMPP does it git anyhoo?

o, mpp=miles per pound

Old 01-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Homebrew101
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

I hope you are satisfied with your bike - that's what should be most important to you. I don't care what you ride just like it shouldn't matter to you what I ride.

Some of these posts sound like their coming from the type that really are more concerned aboutwhat he and hisHD looks/sounds like, could these be the posers/RUBs here? Many others are from folks who just recently switched to an HD after years of metrics and sound like some one who quit smoking trying to tell us how bad it is to smoke.

The ones that don't ridicule make me feel better for owning HD. I also own a Honda that I have put 70,000 miles on and will probably never get rid of because I think it's a blast to ride. BTW, I also visit metric forums and the negative posts here outnumber the negative posts I see there about HD riders.

Old 01-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

good...go back to the metric forums then bud

ORIGINAL: Homebrew101

I hope you are satisfied with your bike - that's what should be most important to you. I don't care what you ride just like it shouldn't matter to you what I ride.

Some of these posts sound like their coming from the type that really are more concerned aboutwhat he and hisHD looks/sounds like, could these be the posers/RUBs here? Many others are from folks who just recently switched to an HD after years of metrics and sound like some one who quit smoking trying to tell us how bad it is to smoke.

The ones that don't ridicule make me feel better for owning HD. I also own a Honda that I have put 70,000 miles on and will probably never get rid of because I think it's a blast to ride. BTW, I also visit metric forums and the negative posts here outnumber the negative posts I see there about HD riders.

Old 01-03-2007, 03:17 PM
bob53
Cruiser

I went through the same thing when I got back into riding. I looked at the metrics and harleys. Based on the specs the Harleys were more to my liking. I ended up with a Sportster. Last year I moved up to EGlide. I still have the Sportster and I love riding both of them. Harleys are an american icon. Can't say that about Honda and Kawasaki.

Quick Reply: Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare