Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 09:24 PM
01Ultra
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare

I have owned Suzuki's and Honda's. When I sold my Honda 750 Four I told my then wife , my next bike would be a Harley. Her response was you will be an old man......Well I am older and my wife now told me 31/2 years ago that if I wanted a Harley what am I waiting for? So I bought a used 2001 Ultra Classic......I love it. For a number of years before I bought my Ultra I would take my dads 97 Goldwing for a ride. Just to get my riding fix. Well a friend bought a 05 Goldwing and handed me the keys told me to ride it for a week. I rode it to work one morning came home that evening and took it back to him......It just did not feel right. We still ride together, but I prefer my Ultra.......Other bikescan be just as expensive as Harleys start buying the accessories......... main thing is to ride.

Old 01-02-2007, 09:31 PM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why would anyone post that crap here on a Harley forum? I wasn't crusing around hdforums to read a ricers opinion, I personally don't care what he thinks. Good luck on your purchase, ride safe, and quit posting here

Old 01-02-2007, 09:40 PM
hd2007
Road Warrior

Really who cares? kills me to see pics of rice trash in our beloved forum.
ORIGINAL: 04harleyboy

Why would anyone post that crap here on a Harley forum? I wasn't crusing around hdforums to read a ricers opinion, I personally don't care what he thinks. Good luck on your purchase, ride safe, and quit posting here

Old 01-02-2007, 10:51 PM
SiLlY
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never rode anything else. I didn't care to. Like one guy said earlier.. they dont register on the radar.

Nothing against you skater. You can ride with me and my buddies anytime. We care less what anyone rides. If your happy, than your happy. We don't care. I only care about what I ride. [8D]

Old 01-02-2007, 11:13 PM
bluebagger
Advanced

Damn dude. I had a 2005 Goldwing, heated grips, ABS, the works. I also had a 2004 VTX, got it all tricked out. Took a big loss on both when I sold both of them. Did it all for my 07 Ultra Classic. I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO A METRIC, NEVER.

Got to love your Harley. Never would buy Honda clothes, but now I can't keep my wife out of the Harley store. Buy, buy, damn I'm clothes poor. [sm=biker2.gif]

Old 01-02-2007, 11:15 PM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior

[sm=pcwhack.gif]8 pages!, [sm=biker.gif] vs[sm=biker2.gif][sm=dontgetit.gif][sm=smiley35.gif][sm=smiley35.gif][sm=smiley35.gif][sm=smiley35.gif]

Old 01-02-2007, 11:22 PM
Jeepin_Lawyer
Road Captain

If I would have just bought what I wanted (HD) in the first place I would have back that $5K that I wasted trying to get a metric that was like the HD I finally bought. My opinion. . . If you want a Harley buy one in the first place.

Old 01-03-2007, 12:14 AM
DoCPooF
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well...In the end as long as your happy...

I don't think you'll get much sympathy here..

After all, it's still not a Harley - doesn't sounds like one, nor ride like one.

Some day you'll be back and wish you saved up just a little more instead of settling for less.

Everyone I've ever met that has rode a foreign cruiser has always ended up with a good ole American HD.

Enjoy the ride.

Old 01-03-2007, 01:00 AM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts

jap crap riders give good head do da do da

Old 01-03-2007, 02:26 AM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why??If you really want a Harley Davidson then get the real thing. Why wouldyou do that? And don't say it's the moneyyour just kidding your self. You don't have to spend $20,000to have a HD.
When I see motorcycles on the road like that it just makes me laugh[sm=laughat.gif]
Oh and by the way don't get all up set when your out riding alone and you wave at a group of HD and they don't wave back.

Quick Reply: Well decided to ride a metric cruiser and compare