Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King sound

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Bronzext
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road King sound

Hey guys I just bought a 2012 RK Classic everything is factory stock what do you recommend for amazing extremely loud sound without the need for a tuneup??

Old 04-23-2012, 01:30 PM
RDKNG2011
Advanced

amazing loud is subjective.. if you want as loud as possible you need true duals with as little baffling as possible many think rineharts are one of the loudest.. having the rineharts i would say vance and hines seems a bit louder to me
either way anytime you change the pipes you are going to need a aircleaner and a tune or at least xieds

another idea might be a cam swap.. put 255s in my bike but it seems just about any cam makes a bike noticeably louder i sure noticed it in mine

good luck

Old 04-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Bronzext
4th Gear

Originally Posted by RDKNG2011
amazing loud is subjective.. if you want as loud as possible you need true duals with as little baffling as possible many think rineharts are one of the loudest.. having the rineharts i would say vance and hines seems a bit louder to me
either way anytime you change the pipes you are going to need a aircleaner and a tune or at least xieds

another idea might be a cam swap.. put 255s in my bike but it seems just about any cam makes a bike noticeably louder i sure noticed it in mine

good luck
Thx for ur recommendation well to be honest The first thing I'll be installing is the following:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

And how about the rinehart Slip on mufflers.

I would like your feedback

Also do u recommend the heavy breather over the above Performance ventilator kit??

Thanks

Old 04-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Drilln'Boss
Club Member
Veteran: Army
Received 6,853 Likes on 1,996 Posts

Originally Posted by RDKNG2011

good luck
Nope.
Well, not with just slip ons.

Last edited by Drilln'Boss; 04-23-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:29 PM
Bronzext
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Drilln'Boss
Nope.
Well, not with just slip ons.
What do you recommend??

Do I really need duals?? To get good sound.

I don't care about performance i would like to have the loudest sound.

How about these:

V&H HI-OUTPUT DUALS?.? Damn it's $1750

Old 04-23-2012, 02:32 PM
68 Shovelking
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bronzext
Thx for ur recommendation well to be honest The first thing I'll be installing is the following:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

And how about the rinehart Slip on mufflers.

I would like your feedback

Also do u recommend the heavy breather over the above Performance ventilator kit??

Thanks
I doubt you'll get the volume your after using the stock headpipe, the cat will dampen a lot of sound/volume. You can cut the cat out, have it done, or just replace the headpipe with an aftermarket unit.
If I was after a really aggressive pipe, I'd probably go for something like an RB Racing 2:1. Doesn't get much nastier than that.
As for the AC, I myself avoid open element AC's due to the amount of rain we get here. I think they make a sock for the heavy breather that helps or eliminates that issue. May or may not be a concern where you live.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:43 PM
TheArchitect
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bronzext
I don't care about performance i would like to have the loudest sound.
Just a comment from someone who's been there, make sure that's what you really want. My 2000 Buell X-1 came with a Force pipe with no baffle and it would positively make your ears bleed. The first thing I did was get a baffle for it, and even with the baffle it'll leave your ears ringing after a 30+ minute ride. It sounds awesome, like a freakin' hemi Cuda running open headers. Heads spin all over the place trying to see what's going by. But dang, it does get old on a long ride. I learned there can be such a thing as "too loud", LOL! I've got 4" Rineharts on order for my Glide specifically because people said they have a deep throaty sound, but are not obnoxious when cruising on the freeway.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:54 PM
Bronzext
4th Gear

Originally Posted by TheArchitect
Just a comment from someone who's been there, make sure that's what you really want. My 2000 Buell X-1 came with a Force pipe with no baffle and it would positively make your ears bleed. The first thing I did was get a baffle for it, and even with the baffle it'll leave your ears ringing after a 30+ minute ride. It sounds awesome, like a freakin' hemi Cuda running open headers. Heads spin all over the place trying to see what's going by. But dang, it does get old on a long ride. I learned there can be such a thing as "too loud", LOL! I've got 4" Rineharts on order for my Glide specifically because people said they have a deep throaty sound, but are not obnoxious when cruising on the freeway.
No prob I have the hd full face helmet with noise canceling built in speakers.

I like an ear bleeding roar

Old 04-23-2012, 02:55 PM
Roadie53
Road Captain
Default loud pipes

I have a '12 Road King also,2460 miles.Put on Rush slipons with 2.5" baffles SE breather and Power Commander V.
Ihad the 2.5" baffles in my '07 Softtail and the sound was awesome.
I ended up removing the baffles in my RK cause the cat converter makes it super quiet.Sounds good now without baffles but unless you remove the cat as stated earlier post your King won't have the "loud" you're wanting.
Saying that from experience on my King.
Go true duals if you want loud,the cat will stop you from getting the sound you seem to want.
Good luck and nice bike,I love mine.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:10 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

These should help you make a complete *** out of yourself

Quick Reply: Road King sound