Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DynoJet Powervision

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 12:30 PM
griffy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DynoJet Powervision

I just went to Dynojets website and got a look the the Dynojet Power Vision Flash Tuner. Seems easy to use. Anyone got one and does it perform as advertised. thanks griffy

Old 04-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Cornel
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

I flashed the ECM in my 2012 Street Glide with a map from Fuel Moto utilizing a Power Vision.

It took less than 10 minutes and the bike runs great.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:44 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by griffy
I just went to Dynojets website and got a look the the Dynojet Power Vision Flash Tuner. Seems easy to use. Anyone got one and does it perform as advertised. thanks griffy
Easy to use is a relative term depending on the user ....... I have one and yes, it performs as advertised, but it sounds like you might be new to the subject of tuning devices. I would suggest searching here, especially in the tuning section of the forum and educate yourself, there is going to be a ton of info out there. I would also suggest you talk to some different tuners and get some more info there. I don't know what your knowledge level is so don't take this the wrong way, but choosing a tuner is much more than choosing a bolt on accessory, you should have a plan and make informed decisions. There are a lot of options depending on what your plans are for the bike from dealer flashes and IEDs to high end tuning devices .....

Old 04-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're only going to do a stage 1 (header, exhaust pipes, and A/C) the Power Vision will suffice and it's a code reader also and can clear codes.

If you want to do more than that wait and do it right and have someone tune your bike with a TTS.

The issue with the power vision, is unless you live down the street from Fuel Moto, you're gonna be hard pressed to find someone that can tune with it.

Canned MAPs will get you close, but there's nothing like a professional dyne tune.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:51 PM
griffy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. And yes frog13 you got it right. I do not know very much about them. thanks griffy

Old 04-23-2012, 12:58 PM
68 Shovelking
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just took delivery of mine last Friday, which I also bought from Fuel Moto. They have some nice packages you might look into if you also need AC or AC + slipons.
I had FM load the PV with a tune for my set-up before they shipped it, which if you do this there is no need to bother with interfacing the unit to your PC or laptop. Just hook it up to your bike, and in a minute or two you'll have uploaded the factory tune, and downloaded the FM tune. It really is that easy.
I didn't really do a lot of research before I bought mine, but it was pretty evident the PV is probably the easiest to use flash tuner out there, and I was pretty comfortable buying from Fuel Moto based on the positive customer feedback I've read on this forum. I'm happy with my choice.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:05 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by griffy
Thanks guys. And yes frog13 you got it right. I do not know very much about them. thanks griffy
Yeah, good to do your own research, there are a lot of options out there. I support FuelMoto and am very close to them, which is to my advantage, but they will give you sound advice and not try to sway you one way or the other. There are also a lot of wonderful guys on this forum that will help you out, but then there are also those who know what's best, because that is what they have and how could something be better? Like I said, depends on YOUR situation, not somebody else's, so take your time, make decisions you are comfortable with and learn, learn, learn. You don't need to know it all, just enough to feel comfortable with what you spend your hard earned cash on........

Old 04-23-2012, 01:54 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Fire-Medic
If you're only going to do a stage 1 (header, exhaust pipes, and A/C) the Power Vision will suffice and it's a code reader also and can clear codes.

If you want to do more than that wait and do it right and have someone tune your bike with a TTS.

The issue with the power vision, is unless you live down the street from Fuel Moto, you're gonna be hard pressed to find someone that can tune with it.

Canned MAPs will get you close, but there's nothing like a professional dyne tune.
Any Dyno Jet Tuning Center can do a custom MAP with a Power Vision, it is the basicly same as using a Power Commander except that you flash the ECM instead of using a Piggy back Tuner to trick the ECM. I agree that here are currently fewer Tuners that are comfortable using it but that is changing rapidly.

IMO the great part about the Power Vision is how easy it is to use and using a good canned MAP from Fuel Moto and then making a few Data Logging runs to dial the MAP in for your bike is great. Many owners are now doing their own tuning with this device and not using or needing a dyno for most mods. The TTS , the SEPST and Im sure a few others alos allow for "self tuning or data logging" so that a MAP can be created based on real world riding not just a dyno.

A great dyno tune cant be beat , but there are fewer and fewer "great" tuners out there and the quality of the tune is based on the end user. I personally like the fact that Im more involved in adjusting the tune on my bike. Or better yet having a company like Fuel Moto there to send the data and get a customized MAP back from them.

I can tell you from experience with my Softail that my bike ran better with a PCIII and a MAP from Jamie than it did prior to that with a SERT and dyno tune from a local dealer that cost me 400.00

If your going for every pony and you have the $ and access to a really good tuner in your area then your best bet is to use whatever tuning device he is most proficient using. If you dont have a great local dyno guy or want to learn to do a lot of it yourself buying a TTS, SEPST or Power Vision is the way to go and get a decent base MAP and dial it in from there.

Bottom line go to the tuning threads on this and other forums and do some research. its already been said but call Jamie or Keith at Fuel Moto and discuss your needs they are a good company.

Im very happy with my PV and so is my Road Glide!

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...-by-admin.html

Last edited by XARAN; 04-23-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XARAN
Any Dyno Jet Tuning Center can do a custom MAP with a Power Vision, it is the basicly same as using a Power Commander except that you flash the ECM instead of using a Piggy back Tuner to trick the ECM. I agree that here are currently fewer Tuners that are comfortable using it but that is changing rapidly.

IMO the great part about the Power Vision is how easy it is to use and using a good canned MAP from Fuel Moto and then making a few Data Logging runs to dial the MAP in for your bike is great. Many owners are now doing their own tuning with this device and not using or needing a dyno for most mods. The TTS , the SEPST and Im sure a few others alos allow for "self tuning or data logging" so that a MAP can be created based on real world riding not just a dyno.

A great dyno tune cant be beat , but there are fewer and fewer "great" tuners out there and the quality of the tune is based on the end user. I personally like the fact that Im more involved in adjusting the tune on my bike. Or better yet having a company like Fuel Moto there to send the data and get a customized MAP back from them.

I can tell you from experience with my Softail that my bike ran better with a PCIII and a MAP from Jamie than it did prior to that with a SERT and dyno tune from a local dealer that cost me 400.00

If your going for every pony and you have the $ and access to a really good tuner in your area then your best bet is to use whatever tuning device he is most proficient using. If you dont have a great local dyno guy or want to learn to do a lot of it yourself buying a TTS, SEPST or Power Vision is the way to go and get a decent base MAP and dial it in from there.

Bottom line go to the tuning threads on this and other forums and do some research.

Im very happy with my PV and so is my Road Glide!
I had a PV on my Limited, and neither Dynojet nor Jamie, could point me to a "certified" Dynojet technician to tune with the PV unit in my area, let alone in my entire state!

Dynojet's actual response to me was that right now no one besides Jamie was "certified" to tune with the PV.

So like I said, it was ok with my Stage 1, but when I wanted to go past that, the issue was finding someone competent to tune with it. I'm not bashing the unit, but people should be made aware of what they might run into with it.

As for squeezing every pony out of it, yes, if I'm going to drop the coin to do cams, or heads, or anything else, I don't want a map that's "close", I want all of the power out of it. I guarantee you no one with a canned map is running the same numbers he post on his website after they tune the bike, there just is no substitute for a tune.

Given the fact that cams can add 10-15 HP/TQ (example of numbers not gospel) but a bad tune or close map can negate that much, you could potentially put more money into the bike and not get your money's worth out of the upgrade, so yes "I" would want everything the bike is going to give me.

Jamie was always very helpful, and their customer service is fantastic, I'm not bashing him, or his company, people just need to have all of the information they can about a product so they can make an educated decision on what they want to do with their money. What works for you may not be best for the next guy, and what works for me may not be best for him either.

People get so emotional about "power" upgrades, just put the info out there and let the other guy choose how "he" wants to spend his money.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:37 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Fire-Medic

Correct me if I'm wrong here. I have been told the PV is basically a mobile Dyno Tuner to some degree. It reads the same values as a dyno tuner, the only problem is you have to know how to change, and where to change the values in the ecm values. From what I understand there is not a value in your ecm that the PV can not change. If you know what you are doing, you can get a great tune by data logging yourself. Again, it takes knowledge that some people do not, or don't want to, have. They would just prefer someone else to do it. Again, this is what I've been told.

Quick Reply: DynoJet Powervision