Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DynoJet Powervision

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 04:42 PM
BrownSanta
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just ordered a power vision from fuelmoto and a hd heavy breather & v&h 2-1 pro pipe high output for my 11 flhx103 now the wait

Old 04-23-2012, 05:10 PM
ahern25
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

To those that have the power vision on an 09-newer touring with throttle by wire. Does the power vision have a feature that opens the throttle body at normal speeds? Basiclly getting rid of the lag on the throttle?

Old 04-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Yardstick
Road Captain
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Ahern.....yes there are two tables that you adjust. My two cents in here is the Power Vision does the same thing as the TTS; but, no need to bring a laptop when doing data runs. The advantage to the TTS/Laptop though is you can do a data run, stop on the side of the road, make the changes to the map and reflash. Can't do that with PV unless you bring a laptop with you....otherwise, back home and on the 'puter to make the changes.

Personally, I like the PV and with the wide band O2 kit the whole map can be tuned vs only where the narrow band O2 sensors are effective.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:02 PM
FXSblackline12
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by griffy
I just went to Dynojets website and got a look the the Dynojet Power Vision Flash Tuner. Seems easy to use. Anyone got one and does it perform as advertised. thanks griffy
just bought PV2, install and make a couple of rides on ''autotune'' mode and after flash all learned parameters to the ECM... NO MORE DECEL POP anymore and runs smoother. I got the feeling of having more power too!

Dynojet PV2 is the thing guys... don't worry.. take care folks...

Old 04-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Fire-Medic
If you're only going to do a stage 1 (header, exhaust pipes, and A/C) the Power Vision will suffice and it's a code reader also and can clear codes.

If you want to do more than that wait and do it right and have someone tune your bike with a TTS.

The issue with the power vision, is unless you live down the street from Fuel Moto, you're gonna be hard pressed to find someone that can tune with it.

Canned MAPs will get you close, but there's nothing like a professional dyne tune.
I have both TTS and power vision. The bike runs just as well on Power vision as any of the tunes from the TTS.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:13 PM
nirschl
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FXSblackline12
just bought PV2, install and make a couple of rides on ''autotune'' mode and after flash all learned parameters to the ECM... NO MORE DECEL POP anymore and runs smoother. I got the feeling of having more power too!

Dynojet PV2 is the thing guys... don't worry.. take care folks...
New "PV2" owner here as well. I dig the newer chrome look. It matches up nice with the chrome Techmount piece and parts around the bars.
After a couple auto tune runs it smoothed out nicely. Maybe too smooth...

A few for the OP of it mounted:

Cable routed under the console...

Cheers

Last edited by nirschl; 04-23-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:31 PM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Yardstick
Ahern.....yes there are two tables that you adjust. My two cents in here is the Power Vision does the same thing as the TTS; but, no need to bring a laptop when doing data runs. The advantage to the TTS/Laptop though is you can do a data run, stop on the side of the road, make the changes to the map and reflash. Can't do that with PV unless you bring a laptop with you....otherwise, back home and on the 'puter to make the changes.

Personally, I like the PV and with the wide band O2 kit the whole map can be tuned vs only where the narrow band O2 sensors are effective.
Bad info here. You can install the PV maps from preloaded tunes to custom tunes, Auto tune Basic or Pro, change fuel or timing in different areas with Quick tune and all this without ever even plugging it into a laptop of any kind. The Autotune steps are enable and it ask which map you want to tune and do you want to use Basic or pro. It will make the changes to the map you chose and then all you have to do is click on Datalog and go ride. If you have the PV screen where you can watch it it shows all the changes it makes. Once you stop and turn off the engine, you can go back to autotune session and select export and it will ask you what slot and you flash to that slot. I don't over write my current tune. If the new tune doesn't suit you pull over and reflash back to the old tune. No computer needed. It won't adjust the timing though. I don't think the others will either. I have used the SEPST, Power Vision and the TTS and they are all very similar in the screens on the computer that you use to manually tune and change parameters. If you can use one you can easily adapt to the other. The SEPST uses Centigrade and the Power vision uses Fahrenheit. You can change these if you like but they are the same exact scale on either one. Tuners that tell you they can't use the Power Vision haven't tried or are using canned maps for which ever tuner they are using.

Last edited by ke5rbd; 04-23-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:22 PM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ahern25
To those that have the power vision on an 09-newer touring with throttle by wire. Does the power vision have a feature that opens the throttle body at normal speeds? Basiclly getting rid of the lag on the throttle?
It is called Throttle Blade control and Alternate Throttle Blade Control. There are several options associated with which table it uses. As far as stopping the lag the Throttle Blade control is probably not the culprit. It is mainly a lean and low timing problem. At least I have worked on this issue many times and after your get the VE/mixture and timing right no more lag. You would probably create some real difficult tuning if you change these very much. It only softens the 0 to 5% throttle position range and after that it is almost 1 to 1. After 2500 it is all 1 to 1.
The Auto tune function can help with the mixture problem, but not the timing. The Auto tune basic can tune outside the closed loop area as it changes all lambda cells to closed loop numbers while it is in autotune mode. It just can't tune as large a range of Lambda as the Auto Tune Pro can. Narrow band can only do from about 14.6 Stoich to 14.3. The broadband can do I think 10 to 1 up to 15 to 1 or more.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:17 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,368 Likes on 2,542 Posts

Originally Posted by ke5rbd
Bad info here. .
not really 'bad' info, just not current anymore. that was originally posted in apr of 2012 and the pv has improved by leaps and bounds since then. thats one of the best things about the pv, dynojet is constantly improving the product.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:21 PM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by skratch
not really 'bad' info, just not current anymore. that was originally posted in apr of 2012 and the pv has improved by leaps and bounds since then. thats one of the best things about the pv, dynojet is constantly improving the product.
Thanks for the correction. Didn't pay attention to the date. My bad. That was absolutely correct back then.

Quick Reply: DynoJet Powervision